Emby for Kodi - Recently Played and Most Played not updating

QDivision

QDivision

Hi,

I use the emby for kodi addon and having an issue with the music section:

The Recently Played Albums and Most Played Albums sections never seem to update and have been stuck at whatever they were when i first switched the emby music sync on.

I have deleted the music database and done a clean library sync but it still doesn't update.

Angelblue05

I will look into it when I have a bit of free time. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

QDivision

I've done a local database reset using the plugin and it has brought in the correct recently played and most played however over time it seems to bring in some random ones into those categories which aren't right which is only fixed by a local database reset. I'm testing disabling the fast startup plugin to see if that helps.

QDivision

I've found out what's been causing it. When i use 'party mode' in kodi to generate an auto playlist it causes the recently played and most played to be wrong with only a local database reset fixing it. It seems to replace the recent and most played with songs from the library in A-Z order rather than what they should be.

Is this a kodi bug or a plugin bug?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Thank you for doing some investigating. I will test that on my side and see if it's fixable.

• Like 1

QDivision

I'm now not convinced it is the party mode that caused it, on one of my other kodi devices the same thing happened. Looking more closely it is artists that have a number as the first character that fill up the most played and recently played sections first then after those artists it appears to be correct. I'm tempted to remove those artists temporarily to see if that at least makes the sections correct.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Are you able to check your kodi database with db viewer or something? That'd give you an answer right away. if you open mymusicxx.db then select albumview, the last column, lastplayed should show a date/time. Can you compare with what you have in Emby and let me know if it doesn't match closely?

• Like 1

QDivision

it seems to just be 4 songs both the times played and last played are wrong values, i'm going to delete them from my library and see if that sorts it.

On a side note i've also noticed that there's a column called strFileName, this is 'stream.mp3?static=true' for all songs. This affects when i want to user the lyrics fetcher for the song as it uses this value, could you fix it so this is the artist and song title?

Thanks

post-3832-0-94872400-1530888300_thumb.png

post-3832-0-99026800-1530888304_thumb.png

• Like 1

QDivision

One more thing, the recently added is all NULL meaning the recently added albums view is wrong, is it possible for this to be pulled from emby?

post-3832-0-12440900-1530889053_thumb.png

QDivision

I deleted the 4 songs and reset the database, it's now happened to another 2, I've attached 10 lines of the database you can see 2 of them in the most played and recently played columns are not right.

I've tired to open up the emby database, i've found the music data but can't see anything relating to play count or play date

EDIT: Think i've found the item within the emby database and all looks normal. 

export.txt

Edited by thomasorr

• 3 weeks later...
Angelblue05

Just keeping you posted. I've tested with adding the missing dateAdded for songs, then changing the lastplayed date and it seems to work correctly. It will be fixed in the next beta that includes many other fixes. Just need some time to finish putting it together. Thanks for your patience.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

QDivision

This is awesome. Thanks for your hard work. Look forward to trying out the next release.

• Like 1