Audio Playlist sort by artist album

malo87

malo87

Hello @@All,

I'm new to Emby and quite missing the possibility to sort my audio playlist e.g. by artist ort album.

Is there already a feature to do this or is it on the roadmap? :)

• Like 8

There are currently no sorting controls for playlists, you basically need to make sure they're added to the playlist in the order that you want. 

We can add this for a future update though. Thanks.

malo87

Thanks for your quick reply.

Would love to see this in future. I have around 1000 songs in my list, it's always increasing and so it happen that you lose focus :)

Hope to get it soon, for me the last missing feature preventing me changing from madsonic to Emby

• 1 month later...
malo87

Can you estimate when this feature will be available?

Or is there a simple external tool for sorting the playlist by artist and moving it back to Emby?

• 2 weeks later...
Tremas

Yes! Sorting by name is important to identify duplicates, at least until some other way to de-dupe a playlist is created. Also need sort by Year (release) and sort by date added (to emby database), please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...

When implementing this feature, would it be possible to preserve the order added?  As @Eleumas31 noted, it would be helpful to find duplicates and general playlist maintenance, I'd want to be able to sort it back to the original order in which the songs were added (e.g., creating music chart playlists, ranked lists, etc.).  Thanks!

• 1 month later...
negativzeroe

Liking and bumping this. Hard to navigate when you have a growing playlist and it's upward of 200 tracks.

Also it's in XML and not m3u so I can't just open it in mediamonkey and sort.

Edited by negativzeroe
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Please, that would be a nice feature. I just want to sort an play from newest to oldes song in my playlist cause i dont want to hear my old stuff so often ^^
Edited by Gee1

wordlover

I have read the suggestion not to switch to using a beta version of the server just to have access to new features, but several of the feature requests discussed in this thread and elsewhere are pretty basic to my own way of using my music library. Is there at least a soft schedule for release of server v. 4.7?

23 minutes ago, wordlover said:

I have read the suggestion not to switch to using a beta version of the server just to have access to new features, but several of the feature requests discussed in this thread and elsewhere are pretty basic to my own way of using my music library. Is there at least a soft schedule for release of server v. 4.7?

Hi, we're getting there. Apologies for the delay.

• Like 1