Videos sometimes seem to start in the background without showing actual video/audio

otarie

otarie

Hey there,

I'm using Emby Server Version 3.4.1.0 on a Windows 7 desktop. Im running Kodi 18 (on CoreELEC 8.90.3) with the Emby For Kodi Addon Version 3.0.30a (native paths). I'm experiencing the following problem.

We are watching a movie and everything seems to work fine. The movie ended and we want to move on to a tv show, im starting the episode, the poster is coming and the video clock is running but no video or audio is shown or heard (the skin layout actually looks like im playing music, while browsing through the library - it seems like the video is running somewhere in the background but its not showing.) All i can do now is restart and everything will work again for a while. This doesnt always happen and can also happen with starting movies, but during a night with a movie and 2,3 episodes of a tv show it happens at least once.

I tried to make log with debug enabled in the emby for kodi addon - hope it cought was i was talking about and someone has an idea for whats going on. Any help is appreciated!

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/XVMKJy8wCZ/

Thank you,

otarie

Angelblue05

You are using native path which means playback is fully controlled by Kodi. There is no interaction with the add-on other than tracking progress report. Try a different skin, see if the issue goes away. What you are experiencing is due to something Kodi is doing.

Edited by Angelblue05