Issues swapping network.

Karl Blixt

Karl Blixt

My Emby app have issues dealing with swapping between my wifi and mobile network. the moment I change network the speed crawls to basically zero. I can successfully reproduce it on my phone 100% of the time.

method of reproduction:

1: shut off wifi and restart the emby app. (make sure it's working as well)

2: turn on wifi

3: load a new page on emby. 

at this point the emby start loading content very slowly (60+ sec to load a movie page)

4: turn off wifi or restart the app

and now the same movie page loads in an instant.

This can be reproduced in the reverse order as well with the wifi activated and then turning it off.

I have the latest android Emby app version and the latest Emby server version (3.4.1.0 on Ubuntu 16.04)

I've got a Oneplus 3T with the latest updates.

My wifi-router is a mesh network of 3 Deco m5 units. (with known internet loopback issues that's supposedly going to be fixed later this month)

Edited by Karl Blixt

Karl Blixt

oh wow, others have this issue as well? I suspected that It would have something to do with my router that have issues with the loopback.

Karl Blixt

thank you for your quick replies! 

on a saturday never the less! 

Edited by Karl Blixt

• 1 year later...
Karl Blixt

Hello, I'd like to bring attention to this issue again since it never got resolved.

Moving from a cellular network to a wifi network works better now. But moving from a wifi network that the server is on to cellular renders the connection unusable and an app restart is required to get the connection back up.

If you're just browsing the app it will recover but you may have to be patient as it can take a little time to cycle through all of the possible server addresses to find the right one.