Update of Trailer plugin?

Ekomax

Ekomax

@@Luke

@@ebr

Since the last New and Upcoming update the Netflix category is empty and on New on DVD there is only one trailer.

Is this correct?

best regards

jachin99

Is there any chance this plugin will get an update to download trailers for movies in your local library?

Is there any chance this plugin will get an update to download trailers for movies in your local library?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19817-downloading-local-trailers/?p=203122

Not gonna happen.. See why in the thread above... explains that part well enough.

• 4 weeks later...
Happy2Play

These two categories are still empty.

New and Upcoming Movies on Dvd & Blu-ray

New and Upcoming Movies on Netflix

Punch

Hey there, 

My issue is that some trailers play well and some have a green bar across the bottom and appears a bit distorted almost like it were 3D, or it just crashes the app all together and backs out to the android tv homescreen. This is on an Nvidia Shield.

Is this a known issue being fixed on the upcoming update ?

Hi, can you please open a topic about this in the Android TV section? Thanks !

ShoutingMan

How do I delete the Trailers data cache? For local trailers, it seems to be referencing local trailers that I later renamed, and so hanging up trying to play files that don't exist. (Uninstalling and reinstalling the trailer plug-in doesn't affect this. And removing and re-adding the movie doesn't affect it. The Trailers data cache apparently persists.)

Thanks.

Running a library scan should be all you need to do there. Are you running the latest version of Emby Server?

• 2 weeks later...
ShoutingMan

Running a library scan should be all you need to do there. Are you running the latest version of Emby Server?

Server and client software are current. Library scans don’t remove the system’s reference to the non-existant (previously renamed) trailers.

• 2 weeks later...
ShoutingMan

The server is updated so I checked trailers again. Emby is still trying to play trailers from non-existant locations. I'm really confused how it's getting the file locations.

I ran one test successfully, and it played a local trailer:

2018-08-08 22:54:34.029 Info App: Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: Z:\Movies\BluRay\The LEGO Batman Movie (2017)\Trailers\The LEGO Batman Movie Trailer 4 Happy Holidays Jingle.mkv, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: True

I then ran another test and it failed, because it was trying to play a trailer from a scratch location that I'd long since deleted; and in a folder structure that hasn't been part of my Emby library for over a year. It's really crazy it would reference a location on the C-drive. 

2018-08-08 22:56:20.679 Info App: Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: C:\Users\[User]\Videos\Scratch\Library Test\Akira (1988)\Trailers\1 U.S. Trailer (2013).mkv, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: True

I'd like to blow away all the trailer information and rebuild it to see if that fixes the problem. I hate to completely uninstall Emby Theater to accomplish that, because then I have to rebuild all my Collections and custom Tags and custom-ordered Firefly and Futurama series, etc...

Edited by ShoutingMan

I have not been able to reproduce this. I would suggest trying again with the next release of Emby Server, thanks.

• 9 months later...
Happy2Play

@@Luke These two category populate now but all trailers are from 2017

• 8 months later...
bardmaster

These two categories are still empty.New and Upcoming Movies on Dvd & Blu-rayNew and Upcoming Movies on Netflix

Hi @@Luke, it appears like this is the situation right now with server 4.3.1.0. Only New and Upcoming in Theaters is populated.

• 2 weeks later...
Happy2Play

These categories are populating again.

Is there a reason they are populated with 2017 items?

Version 1.2.9

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
Happy2Play
On 7/13/2018 at 10:44 AM, Happy2Play said:

This is happening again, both libraries are empty. (Stable and Beta)

franciscojcrespo

I have the Cinema Intros and Trailers plugin. The new and upcoming in theaters is working fine, but the DVD and Netflix are not.