Random backdrop

xXSagaiaXx

xXSagaiaXx

Okay, I have one back drop that I comes up on the main screen when I first go into MBC or when something doesn't have a backdrop. Sort of like this is the default backdrop and I don't want it

Thanks,

S.

xXSagaiaXx

Which folder would I look into. I checked but did see anything.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

%appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server\Root\Default

It could also be in the IBN possibly.

xXSagaiaXx

Okay so here's what happens:

533b6103be58b_Untitled.png

When I uncheck the box "Show initial folder background" the background doesn't come up.

When I check it:

533b617b0941f_Untitled.png

The backdrop in question comes up.

So where's the initial folder so I can delete this backdrop?

Thanks ebr,

S.

xXSagaiaXx

There's no image file in the above path. I didn't see it in IBN either.

S.

I noticed tonight that I know it's on the server because I see it on other clients as well.

Edited by xXSagaiaXx

@@Luke - MBC is getting a backdrop that is associated with the user's root folder.  Previously, this was in the user root directory.  Where would such a backdrop come from after the re-factoring of the media library?

it might still be coming through the api because that's the way it works but i think a dedicated configuration interface for this type of thing is waht's really needed

Not that I'm aware of.  I'm not sure exactly where Luke was suggesting a configuration interface.  This situation isn't specific to any client - this is just the image that is associated with the top level folder for any specific user.  So, I guess we just need a way in the web editor to edit images at that level.

I'm not sure, at this point, where your image is coming from.  Before we changed the structure on the server it would have been in the location I indicated.

Also, I just noticed the picture you posted does not show the contents of the "Root" or "Default" folders. Are you sure your image isn't in one of those...?

chef

System wide search of "backdrop.png" or "backdrop.jpg" until it shows up, might be in order.

But, perhaps use the "open file location" dialogue in order to find out exactly where the image exists so we can put the bug to rest, instead of just deleting the image when it appears.

Please post your findings in case it happens again.

Edited by chef