emby for kody (3.0.27a and up) ssl error

nebur

First sorry for my poor english.

My emby server is 3.4.1.0 over ubuntu bionic with a ssl cert self signet without password. The client emby web has worked well ever but Emby for kodi since 3.0.27a (and up, I am not sure if someone earlier too) don't connect. I try with krypton, Leia, newer 3.029a, ... but the issue persists.I wan't to update server to beta. I attach kodi log and the error in the server.

The problem solved installing version 2.3.63 from https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/releases. There are some older version newer? Can you tell if it's possible to update to the lastet version when was solved.

Thanks

Edited by nebur

Angelblue05

Can you provide a new Kodi log with the setting disabled? It should work as it was tested with a user with this same issue. Thank you.

dcrdev

I have what seems like an ssl issue -

A couple of days ago Emby for Kodi stopped starting up - no error or anything like that, just wouldn't start. I thought maybe it would be fixed by the updates you've been doing recently however now they have landed - I still faced the same issue. I removed the plugin directory and Kodi database and attempted to reconfigure - I'm being hit by an invalid credentials message.

Emby for me goes via a reverse proxy that utilises a self signed cert on the internal domain (dns) and a valid cert on the external domain (cloudflare). Bypassing the proxy and connecting directly to Emby via http - works and I don't get the invalid credentials message.

I don't have a log right now (need to figure out how to get one off an nvidia shield) , but if one's needed to diagnose the issue I can provide it.

Edit: Oh forgot to mention verify ssl is disabled.

Edited by dcrdev

Angelblue05

I'm looking into it right now. Give me a few.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@dcrdev

I've checked nebur's logs and it doesn't look like the issue is coming from Emby for Kodi. If you can provide your own log, then I can confirm if your error is different.

What I'm seeing is the setting verify ssl is passed correctly as False. But the connection is refused by the server. Then if you try to do anything, it will complain because your server is not connected.

I have another user with a self signed cert and they say it's working for them... If you are able to provide your log, then I'll be able to investigate further. Thank you

Edited by Angelblue05

sualfred

I haven't looked into the logs but I can confirm that it's working with both common methods:

• A certificate directly stored and configured in the Emby server
  • Nginx reverse proxy 

Both scenarios are using a cert which I created with certbot / letsencrypt

To see if a SSL configuration is working correctly -> https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@nebur I sent you a message yesterday about your server info, you didn't reply. (Sorry I don't want to do this here because that'd expose your server info).

But in your log what I saw is it didn't connect, then you try to play something and it doesn't work because your not connected to the server. I'll wait for your reply.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Ok, after some troubleshooting with nebur, we found the issue. I'm about to post a new build.

dcrdev

@@Angelblue05 the latest build seems to have got me further - now the first login dialogue seems to work, but a subsequent login dialogue still fails with "invalid password".

I'm PM'ing you my log - as I noted it stores passwords in plain text (yikes) and I'm not 100% confident that everything got scrubbed as part of a find/replace.

Angelblue05

@@dcrdev

I think you forgot to attach your log in your pm. Also, the add-on doesn't log or save your password? The only time I've seen this happen is with the Kodi logging for keyboards. But I have no control over that.

Edited by Angelblue05

dcrdev

@@dcrdev

I think you forgot to attach your log in your pm. Also, the add-on doesn't log or save your password? The only time I've seen this happen is with the Kodi logging for keyboards. But I have no control over that.

Yeah it's the keyboard logging that's spitting the password out in plain text - nonetheless the the plugin is spitting out the hashed password:

21:38:51.668 T:139190047824  NOTICE: EMBY.downloadutils -> DEBUG:: {'url': '{emby-server}/emby/Users/AuthenticateByName?format=json', 'json': {'username': 'Dominic', 'password': 'Replaced'}, 'params': None, 'timeout': 30}

Not saying there's anything wrong with that per-se - just don't want it in a public post.

Sent you a new PM.

Angelblue05

Ah well yes, I'll give you that, in debug mode, which other than debugging purpose would not be enabled, it prints all requests. But at least the pass is hashed, it's not clear text as you said. :)