Require PIN for accessing user accounts

Hobbyc

Hobbyc

Hi - I would like to setup user accounts for 'parents' and 'kids'. I want to have some control in place so that my kids can't select the 'parents' or default admin account and immediately get access to all of the content on the server. I have not been able to find a way to set a PIN for the users. Here is what I've done so far:

- Installed the server and setup a default admin account. I've linked this account to Emby Connect

- Subscribed to Emby Premier (again with my default email linked to Emby Connect and the default admin account)

- Created a local user and attempted to associated with my Emby Connect account (this fails every time - I've sent an email mentioned in the error message and have received a response).

- Installed the app on iOS and logged in with my Emby Connect account (which is also the local admin account)

- When launching the app - I can select either user and I am not prompted to 'login', the content is available without any restriction

I know I can restrict content via ratings or keywords, but neither option will prevent someone from launching an account that has access to all of the media.

Here is what I would like to happen (if I have a step wrong, please set me on the right path):

- Install the app (iOS, AppleTV, Roku, etc...) login to connect my Emby Connect & Premier account

- launch the app and have the choice of which user to 'login' as 

- be prompted to enter a PIN for each user (or in the case of my Kids - no PIN)

- get access to the content based on the users settings (either library access, keywords, or ratings restrictions)

Any help is appreciated.

legallink

I think an easier solution is to create an emby connect account and associate it with your kids local user account. Then they have a separate login. If you are just connecting locally, you can set a pin for each emby account including the admin so they can only get access if they know it but I find separate emby connect accounts easier.

legallink

Setting a pin is in the user settings in your server dashboard on the user profile, password tab.

Hi.  If you want to be able to switch between users (accounts) on the same app, then you don't want to use Emby Connect.  Connect is designed as an easy way to directly connect an app/device to a single user without having to know/type in the server address and credentials for the user.

If you want to have two accounts with different access, then you want to create two normal accounts on the server (not by email address), setup their access and passwords how you like, and then any local device should automatically find your server and present those two users as options at log-in.

Please let us know if this answers your question.

Thanks.

Hobbyc

Setting a pin is in the user settings in your server dashboard on the user profile, password tab.

I think I am missing something. I have Emby installed on a Synology using the Emby package source. I've attached a screenshot of the password tab for the default admin user. It is the same for a locally created user.

post-308549-0-99377500-1529027263_thumb.png

I think I am missing something. I have Emby installed on a Synology using the Emby package source. I've attached a screenshot of the password tab for the default admin user. It is the same for a locally created user.

What are you missing?

Enter a password there and save and that user will be secured by that password (could be a numeric PIN if you wish).