Move data folder(s)

bjhille

bjhille

In playing with Emby on my Mac Mini, I noticed that it wants to store certain data on my SSD drive, versus my RAID that I'm using to store my media files.  I figure at minimum, I want/need to move:

• .config/emby-server/data/Collections
  • .config/emby-server/data/Playlists
  • .config/emby-server/metadata/People

Any others that I should think about moving?  Would it make more sense to use a symbolic link at the "emby-server" level?  I should ask...am I over complicating this?  Is there a setting I'm missing to do this already?

Thanks.  Brian

Hi, do you actually need to move anything? The largest of those by far will be the server's metadata folder, which you can customize under library -> advanced.

bjhille

I know I wanted to move the "People" folder as I imagine that could get rather large.  Using the setting you mention above (library -> advanced), that will move just the "metadata" folder, right?  The nfo and jpg files will still be stored with each movie?

I figure the "data" folder, which contains the Collections and playlists subfolders, won't contain that much data from a size perspective.  I like the idea of them being stored on my RAID so that the information is backed up.  This way, if my mac dies, I can replace it, attached my external RAID, and I'm off without having to redo my collections or recreate my playlists.

Thanks.  Brian

The data folder location is not configurable, but the metadata folder is. that one will be the largest by far, even if you enable saving to local media folders, some things will still go in there. i would start by configuring that one and then go from there. thanks.