Xbox One X Emby App Issues

jasonwilliams

Scott310

I am experiencing alot of these issues too with the Emby for Windows app on my Xbox OneS

I frequently have to kill the app and start again

Worst part is when trying to search fo a movie unless it is latest release or because your watched section I'm pretty much dead in the water searching for moves.

I've also noticed that the server and my android have had application updates, is there anything on the horizon for Xbox?

Are you on the beta version?

Scott310

Nope, regular. Should I be on the beta? I am for pretty much every other app I run.

Sorry I was asking @@austie because his issues are similar to mine.  That's up to you as far as running beta.  I am running beta and I am currently having issues with xbox.

shrouski

Sorry I was asking @@austie because his issues are similar to mine.  That's up to you as far as running beta.  I am running beta and I am currently having issues with xbox.

Yeah that's really obvious when I actually read the quote lol. Apologies.

austie

@@shrouski I've started to have the freezing but its not just tv shows its movies too. Its also happens when watch it just freezes.

@Scot310 Nope not on the beta just the regular one from the Microsoft Store.

I haven't reproduced this but there is an issue that I can reproduce:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/61225-xbox-one-s-music-randomly-stops-mid-track/?view=getlastpost

I am currently working on resolving that and operating under the belief that resolving this will take care of some other things as well. Thanks.

Please try Emby Server 3.5.2. If you're on the beta channel you'll need to wait another day or so. Thanks.

Scott310

Did this fix the issue with xbox users not being able to play movies from the all movies section?  Anyone able to report back?  I am on beta so I am still waiting for the update.

Yea there is other work still in progress so i'm not quite ready to push a beta just yet. thanks.

shrouski

No worries @@Luke I was just curious if anyone on stable saw the all movies issue go away 3.5.2 update.

I can't test a Movie or TV at the moment as off to work, but I've just played 4 songs without any issues and I couldn't even do 1 before, everything was stopping before the end. Will report back later about TV and maybe a Movie if I have time.

teetniin

I've tried music playback with several albums. So far, so good  :) . HW Synology DS716+, Xbox One X

Please try Emby Server 3.5.2. If you're on the beta channel you'll need to wait another day or so. Thanks.

cruiser3004

Hi Luke, I am having the same issue with Movies not playing from themovie library screen. Will play without issues if the movie is listed on the home screen under resume or new movies but after selecting the movie and pressing play from the library I just get the spinning circle and the app becomes unresponsive. Will stay in this state until i force the app to close. Am Happy to run any tests you need on my server to assist to diagnose. 

Am experiencing the same issue on 3 xbox ones (2 x xbox one s and one original)

thanks

Brendan

Scott310

Hi Luke, I am having the same issue with Movies not playing from themovie library screen. Will play without issues if the movie is listed on the home screen under resume or new movies but after selecting the movie and pressing play from the library I just get the spinning circle and the app becomes unresponsive. Will stay in this state until i force the app to close. Am Happy to run any tests you need on my server to assist to diagnose. 

Am experiencing the same issue on 3 xbox ones (2 x xbox one s and one original)

thanks

Brendan

Are you on stable or Beta version?

Scott310

Stable Version, Has just updated to 3.5.2.

thanks

Brendan

@@Luke so it appears that the app freezing in the all movies section is not specific to the beta channel :(

Scott310

To be more specific about the issue, I son't know if it is an issue that virtual scrolling will fix.  I could be wrong.  I can scroll all day through the all movies section and all of the posters load perfectly and quickly.  It happens the moment I enter a movie detail page and try to play any content.  When I say any content I mean that if there is no video backdrop it won't freeze but if I try to play the movie itself, it will freeze up.  If I try to go into the movie detail page of a movie that has a video backdrop it will freeze the moment the video backdrop attempts to start.  And once again this does not happen from any other method or screen of trying to play the movie.  This ONLY happens from the all movies section.

nagetech

You pretty much are describing exactly the issue I have. I'm sure Luke is on it :) Just a bummer I haven't been able to use emby for a bit now. I regret having gotten rid of my roku in the living room now :(

Scott310

It seems that @@Luke hasn't been able to reproduce this yet but I could be wrong. Hopefully he can because this for me is just the last issue that I have had with emby theater for Xbox.  Everything else about it is working great for me.