Xbox One X Emby App Issues

jasonwilliams

Scott310

This is only in a movie library, right? content type Movies?

Yes it is. I only have this problem in the all movies library - content type movies.

nagetech

Howdy! Just dropping a line to see if there was any update to this? Everyone in my house is nagging at me pretty bad to get this fixed since we've not been able to really use ET for the xbox one. I'm about to break down and go out and get a Roku again.

• 2 weeks later...
Scott310

Not sure if this helps or if you know this already @@Luke but I found out that the issue is only happening on larger libraries. My son has a very limited library on his emby account on the xbox due to his age profile and he is not experiencing this issue. But when I sign in and have access to the entire library of over 1,000 movies the issue happens for me. Just a heads up.

FrostByte

I think he already knows about the issue with large libraries.  I haven't been able to use this app with my music since a release before mid May.  I have 68K+ songs and a playlist that is 12K+ minutes long.  The app worked perfect for me until one release right about that time.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/58983-music-playback-et-xbone/

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/60060-emby-for-xbox-one-recent-update-unable-to-select-albumsartists/

Edited by FrostByte

Scott310

Yeah, being that it has been awhile I am assuming it is not a quick fix.  I am running under the assumption we will have to wait for virtualized scrolling to be implemented but I have no idea how long it will be until that comes....

I am experiencing the same: ...not able to scroll in the movies library (with 5000+ entries), not able to play a movie from there and have to force the app to close. - And I cannot use the search - it freezes too. Same on my Samsung.    Emby is not usable on XBOX One S and the Samsung for me (independent of Emby's beta or stable release).  :(

Wouldn't it be a pragmatic solution to [have an option to] activate pages with 100 entries per page? It already works just great in apps like the web app and don't brings the devices to their knees! By the way, I don't like endless scrolling and it would be nice to have a choice anyway.

5ba186441e892_MoviesWebApp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
SplitHorizon

I am having this problem, it makes the Xbox app unusable.  I pick a movie and it just sits.  I have to kill the app and wait for the server to time out

nagetech

I think @@Luke knows about the issues we are having. I know I know its hard to wait for it, but Luke always pulls through. I'm not saying this to attack anyone, just maybe we should stop asking him when it'll be done. It is kind of like when the last Duke Nukem was being worked on. It'll be done when it's done basically. Just gotta hang tight.

My guess is, being that this issue has been going on for a very long time, it is NOT an easy fix for Luke to implement. Better that he releases a competent solution as opposed to a half assed solution. If it's half assed, that will just lead to more tech help and further drowning Luke in work, with of course it possibly turning MORE people off too emby.

Rooting for you Luke! I know you'll come through :) Keep me in mind for the beta testing of it :)

• 1 month later...
SplitHorizon

Any progress on this issue?  I really would like to be able to use my Xbox for Emby at some point.  Before someone comes on lecturing me about waiting and I would just like to know how the progress is going. Thanks for all your hard work.  I just bought a lifetime pass on Cyber Monday.  I wouldn't of done that if I didn't like the product. 

I am hoping to be able to spend more time on virtual scrolling after the upcoming 3.6 server release. thanks.

• Like 1

nagetech

Getting excited :) I'm hoping the 3.6 launch is soon since I'm hearing the new release is going to be mind blowing. And dusting off my xbox so I can go back to using it, well, that darn new calls for a "nerd-gasim" :)

matt_ttam123

I'm about to get someone setup with Emby thinking of getting an Xbox One X for them to use Emby Theater with it. Its just a simple setup projector (non 4k nor HDR) and a full 7.1 surround system, is there anything I should be aware of before switching from the dedicated NUC I was going to use there instead?

shrouski

I'm about to get someone setup with Emby thinking of getting an Xbox One X for them to use Emby Theater with it. Its just a simple setup projector (non 4k nor HDR) and a full 7.1 surround system, is there anything I should be aware of before switching from the dedicated NUC I was going to use there instead?

It won't output Atmos / DTS MA, although the Xbox supports it, only the BluRay app will output it, 3rd party apps don't have access. I'd love to know how you get on with the NUC as I'm thinking of getting one.

matt_ttam123

It won't output Atmos / DTS MA, although the Xbox supports it, only the BluRay app will output it, 3rd party apps don't have access. I'd love to know how you get on with the NUC as I'm thinking of getting one.

I've setup a NUC for another family member its good because it allows me to remote into it if need be, essentially I run windows 10, turned off all updates, no lockscreen, set emby theater desktop app to launch on boot, scheduled task to reboot every once a week which also allows emby theater to install any updates it has pending, plus I use another app in the background to check every few seconds that emby theater is open and not crashed / hung it restarts the app if it is.

• 3 weeks later...
FrostByte

Loaded version .240 last night which appears to have fixed the issue of the circle of death and huge playlists for me.  My music playlist is almost 9 days long (not sure how many songs that equates to but it's a lot) and I can now skip tracks forward and backward again which I haven't been able to do since May of this year.  Thanks

Edited by FrostByte