Xbox One X Emby App Issues

jasonwilliams

jasonwilliams

Hello,

I recently added some music to my library and when I try to play in ET for XBONE, I just get the spinning wheel.  I am doing this by choosing "Albums", and then sorting by date added.  I can open the album and see the songs, but when I click to play, just spinning.  

This seems to only happen in ET for XBONE.  All other platforms are working.

I have attached the logs.

ServerLog.txt

• Like 1

FrostByte

I've recently been having a similar issue with playlists.  It will usually play the first song, but then when the second song starts or if I click skip then all I get is the spinning circle and the app locks up.  If I try to click B to exit I get a "Playback Error" and something about no compatible tracks.  Been having this issue since server 3.4.0.0  

Steps:

Select music playlist

Click shuffle

First songs plays fine

Click skip

• Like 1

jasonwilliams

Just bumping this to see if anyone has suggestions.  I can't play anything from the music library unless it shows on the main music screen.  Those play without issue, but if I did through by artist, album or genre, it can't play.

Thanks,

Jason

Edited by jasonwilliams

• 4 weeks later...
Jeffius

I have recently been using the emby theater app for the xbox one x. I have encountered several issues, mainly to do with freezing and the application crashing. The server i am pulling from has ALOT of movies and TV Shows, so as i browse through the "all movies" list or "all shows list" there seems to be a wall i hit in regards to loading the media. The first few rows will be ok, then on the 8th or so row it stops loading the cover art, at which point anything i click on results in a non stop loading loop. I can leave the app to load said movie/show hub for 15 minutes and no progress. Once this happens it becomes impossible to play any media or even load the show/movies hub for that matter. This usually causes the app to crash. 

I also have crashing issues at random it seems, almost every few episodes. Once the app crashes or freezes and i reset it, it will not work still. Things will not load, and it will just crash again. The ONLY way to get it working again is to fully turn of xbox for 30 seconds (to clear all caches) and restart everything. 

For reference; Emby works fine for me on my LG OLED B7 as well as my computer. Its only the xbox app which has problems. There are also issues on the ember for emby app as well. It tends to freeze anytime i try and click on a T.V shows Season (season 6 for ex.).

Scott310

Hey @@Luke I hope I'm not hijacking this thread but I am experiencing the same issue on Xbox one and Xbox One S.  I am so happy that lately there have been almost no issues of freezing during playback and If I did rarely see a freezing issue I used the convert option and that cleared it up. 

However the only issue I am seeing now is the same as @Jeffius.  If I go to the all movies picker and select a movie it will take me to the movie detail page and I will see the spinning circle.  If I attempt to play the movie I get the spinning circle eternally.  This issue does not exist if I attempt to play the movie from any other screen including the hope page and search screens. 

I opened emby went straight to the all movies picker, recreated the freeze, and downloaded the log.  It is attached.

Thanks for looking into this!

LogFreeze.txt

Scott310

I'm pretty bare bones on my plugins.  I don't even use cover art.  Could one of the ones I do use really cause this issue?

sampsonight

Today the Emby app for xbox one appears to have updated. In addition to the general UI changes. When I click on the Music subfolder under My Media I am unable to select an album/artist. Pressing the arrow keys/joystick on the controller does nothing. This does not appear to affect other subfolders under My Media.

Things I have tried:

* Quit the app and restart

* Hard shutdown the xbox (press the xbox button on the console for 20 seconds to ensure it does not just 'sleep'. Then press it again to turn it back on

None of the above changed the issue I am seeing.

Emby Server Version: 3.4.1.0

Windows Emby Theater version (as seen as a connected device within the emby server dashboard): 1.1.210.70

Let me know if there is any additional information. Also are there release notes for this update?

sampsonight

It appears going into the server settings for the app and changing the order of the media items fixed it. Not sure how or why, but I am now able to scroll again.

sampsonight

I just started to see this spinning circle issue. For me it happens when attempting to load music by a subfilter E.g. Artists or Album Artists. It will just sit and spin. The controller is unresponsive. I have to quit the app entirely and then load again. This started Today right after the Emby app updated :(

FrostByte

This problem got even worse for me using v210 than it was under 209.  Where as before it would go into an infinite loop with the twirling circle after clicking skip to next track now it does it after the first track is done playing all by itself.

1. Start Emby on XB1X

2. Select any music Playlist

3. Click Shuffle

4. Music starts playing, after first track is done all you get is spinning circle

Included log shows me trying at least twice where I had to finally go back to the dashboard and kill the app

https://pastebin.com/v0nm4DTQ

I just tested right now and am still not seeing any problems, but i will continue to test for this, thanks.

FrostByte

I just tested right now and am still not seeing any problems, but i will continue to test for this, thanks.

Does the skip track button work for you also?  Because that is also making mine go into an infinite loop.

I'll do some more testing and see if I can nail it down a little more, thanks

Edited by FrostByte

Scott310

Is this thread dead or were any DEV's able to reproduce this issue?  @@Luke? For me its the only issue I'm having with Emby.  It would be so awesome to finally have Emby theater for xbox working flawlessly :)

Jeffius

I agree. It would be pretty excellent to uave this app working flawless on xbox. There is also the greenscreen issue on 4k HVEC with 7.1 TRUEHD audio. Everytime.. greenscreen

Is this thread dead or were any DEV's able to reproduce this issue?  @@Luke? For me its the only issue I'm having with Emby.  It would be so awesome to finally have Emby theater for xbox working flawlessly :)

Try removing the Messages plugin. If the issue remains, try removing other third party plugins.

FrostByte

Yes it does. Are you on insider?

Not right now.  I was, but then wiped my XB1X and reloaded everything fresh recently and now I'm back on release version

Maybe my playlists got corrupted on my NAS then or it's because they are huge.  I'll try and recreate them and do some more testing because it looks like it's on my side then if I'm the only one having issues

Thanks