Old Metadata not recognised

PoBear

PoBear

Hi

I have search for an answer to this but could not find anything.

I am running MB Server 3.0.5192.19560

I have a lot of one off TV programmes stored on my NAS, the vast majority of them have had to have the metadata created manually as the programmes do not appear on any of the TV or Movie databases (a scraper for the BBC would be great).

The data is stored in Mymovies.xml files that I used with MB2 without problem, now that I've moved to MB3 the data has not been picked up, I've tried adding it via the Server web client (Metadata editor) and it is showing as saved, but even though I have "save artwork and metadata within media folders" ticked  no MB3 files have been created.

So my questions are;

Should the Mymovies.xml data have been picked up by MB3?

Where is the MB3 metadata being stored?

Thanks in advance

No, we don't support mymovies.xml, sorry.

If you have the option ticked then the metadata should be saved in your media folders when you use the editor. if that's not happening then the best thing to do is provide examples, log files, etc.

PoBear

OK, MB3 is creating folder.xml files for the new metadata, I was expecting it to create a movie.xml, is this correct?

No. it could mean we didnt' recognize your movie structure. please post screenshots of the folders. what folder type did you pick when you setup the library?

PoBear

I have two folders with this type of content.

The one I am having problems with is set up as TV Shows the one that is working is set up as mixed content.

Both have the same folder structure.

Programme name

programme name.ext

I'm guessing it is because it is defined as TV Shows, does this setting not handle one off TV programmes, only series?

I really need screenshots as requested. i can't answer without more information, sorry.

yea those are not in the supported tv show structure so you're likely to have issues. i would probably use movies or home videos if you dont' want internet metadata

PoBear

It's flagging programmes that MB found metadata for, that I added metadata to thru the web interface and programmes with no metadata. I also have examples of all three where there is no error flag.

My log file is too big to upload so the following is a link to it

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0c_ymiNgQNJNEJMWkViVVFpejA/edit?usp=sharing

let me know if you have a problem reading it.

PoBear

Thanks for the info, I deleted the folder from the library and added it back as a Movie folder, this has worked for some items but a lot of them are now flagged with a red triangle with an exclamation mark, I tried a search but can't find out what this means, I thought it might be down to missing content, but having added it the library, they are still flagged, the server has been stopped and a re-scan done since the content was added.

Thanks

when that happens it means either we failed to identify the movie against an online database, or we identified it but a download failed, or you have local metadata but we failed to read it. only the server log in debug mode can answer that.

Well you've got movie image requests failing with 404, which usually means the TheMovieDb id is incorrect. Maybe it was correct and was changed, or removed. it happens. in any event, you would need the log from when they were first scanned to find out more information, but for the particular title in the log, that is why. So using the identification feature will help with that one.

PoBear

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

The problem is that most of the programmes flagged had their metadata created manually, so there is no reference to the TheMovieDb id. I haven't checked them all, but for those that I have checked through the Web interface, all three of the external ids are blank!

PoBear

OK, I am afraid I am confused.

Post #13 says that "TheMovieDb id is incorrect", I am saying that the programmes flagged do not have an entry for the TheMovieDb id defined in the metadata, so are you saying they are flagged because it is wrong, or because it is absent, or both?

Also I have checked all of the logs in the log directory, they go back to 2 April, and there are no references to the programmes that are flagged as in error, all of the 404 messages appear to relate to other programmes on my system, not those in the directory that has been flagged.

PoBear

Sorry, just to be clear.

The warning triangle is because the programmes are unidentified not because there is an error in the metadata?

These programmes do not have entries online, so I have created the metadata manually, so even though the metadata and images are complete, albeit with no ids, they will still be flagged? If this is the way the MB3 works then I will live with it, but would it be possible to at least have a different warning flag where there is no data at all, versus where this is no id?

I am not getting this error on any of my other directories, all of which have programmes that have no ids with the exception of my Movie directory.

Thanks for your help

Edited by PoBear

PoBear

Just to add some extra information.

I managed to connect one of the programmes flagged as an error to TheMoviedb through the identify button in the metadata editor. Saved the information and did a re-scan of the system, in fact I also closed and restarted the server and checked that a second scan had been done.

The programme is still flagged as a problem.

Either condition could cause it to be flagged as unidentified. In any event, the identify feature or manual id correction + refresh are ways to fix ti.

Great. If it refreshed successfully it would have removed the flag. see post #10.