schmitty

schmitty

Hi,

With the progression of Emby I am surprised there is still no function to set a TV series as currently being watched/followed. This is a much needed function. This would also tie in with the watched function, so only unwatched items from series currently being watched would appear in Next Up.

To vote for this feature, please like/upvote this post.

Edited by schmitty

Happy2Play

Isn't that what already happens?  Sounds like you want a option to unfollow shows in your library and there are feature requests for that.

schmitty

No, that does not currently happen. The only feature available is to mark a show or series watched or unwatched.

Happy2Play

I guess I don't understand the request, if you watch an episode of any series the next unwatched episode appears in Next Up.

It shows the items in last played order so, the ones you are currently watching will always be in front.

It sounds like you are asking for the antithesis of the below request which I think is much more likely to get implemented because I don't think most people will want to have to manage their series manually for them to show up in Next Up.

Forget a series in Next Up

SHSPVR

Isn't that what already happens?  Sounds like you want a option to unfollow shows in your library and there are feature requests for that.

Maybe he like how SageTV dose it ?.

It where you mark a show or movie as watched and display with the guide as all ready been watched and for series any new or old rerun automatic get auto recorded in tell there mark as watched or can manual mark them as watched and never get re-recorded unless you unmark them which make it much easier to tell what we have watch or not watch from with in the guide

Is that what your refer to schmitty ?

5b1febe70b3cc_Untitled2.jpg

Maybe he like how SageTV dose it ?.

It where you mark a show or movie as watched and display with the guide as all ready been watched and for series any new or old rerun automatic get auto recorded in tell there mark as watched or can manual mark them as watched and never get re-recorded unless you unmark them which make it much easier to tell what we have watch or not watch from with in the guide

Is that what your refer to schmitty ?

5b1febe70b3cc_Untitled2.jpg

The OP appeared to be talking about Next Up, not Live TV nor the guide.  We already have the ability to mark items as watched and the ability to not record items that are already in your library.

SHSPVR

The OP appeared to be talking about Next Up, not Live TV nor the guide.  We already have the ability to mark items as watched and the ability to not record items that are already in your library.

I know but not in the guide it self

schmitty

I have some TV series which I watch, and some I don't. Instead of marking the ones I don't watch as watched, I would like a toggle to mark them as currently being watched. That way if I choose to watch something later that I don't currently watch, I just mark it from not watching to watching. The watched status would remain as unwatched. As for the Next Up part of the request... only episodes from series which are currently being watched and are unwatched would appear in Next Up. That way any new series added to the library I don't watch would not have to me marked as watched, which they technically haven't.

I have some TV series which I watch, and some I don't. Instead of marking the ones I don't watch as watched, I would like a toggle to mark them as currently being watched. That way if I choose to watch something later that I don't currently watch, I just mark it from not watching to watching. The watched status would remain as unwatched. As for the Next Up part of the request... only episodes from series which are currently being watched and are unwatched would appear in Next Up. That way any new series added to the library I don't watch would not have to me marked as watched, which they technically haven't.

Yes, then I did understand the request properly but, as I indicated above, it is much more likely that we will do the opposite because most people won't want to have to manage the system this manually and the opt-out method allows it to be automatic for most but allow others to curate if they wish.

schmitty

It shows the items in last played order so, the ones you are currently watching will always be in front.

It sounds like you are asking for the antithesis of the below request which I think is much more likely to get implemented because I don't think most people will want to have to manage their series manually for them to show up in Next Up.

Forget a series in Next Up

I had a look at the link. It turns out I actually liked the idea. I agree, that idea would be better. Hopfully, it is implemented.