Display of EMC Videowall on portable Device.

One2Go

One2Go

This Title may not make sense and I don't know if this is even the correct forum for it. So let me explain what I am trying to find out.

I have all my content displayed on a 136" Projector screen and everything is working fine. I scroll through my media select what I want to play back and when I complete a TV episode or a movie playback stops and it returns to the detail page of the selection. Then I navigate using a 10' remote to either the next episode of a TV show or another movie select it and hit play from the details page. What I am trying to find out is it possible to while the Movie or TV episode is playing on the screen to use a tablet or other portable device to navigate or scroll through my content selection and now find something I want to play next when the present video / movie has finished. Upon returning to the detail page on the big screen I hit a button on the portable device and it will play now on the big screen.

I know I did this with the Dune Media player and a software like Zappiti or Dune Media Controller, I scrolled through my selection and then when selecting an item it would play back on the big screen. Is there something available like this in either Android or Apple? If not if I use Emby for Android and scroll through my content is there a way once selected on the tablet that it can play back over the big screen?

Does this make sense? Basically have all my video wall and other content displayed on a tablet but playback is on the NUC PC that has the server installed.

Thanks,

O2G

Edited by One2Go

Yep.  Install the appropriate Emby app on the tablet and log in and browse away.  When it comes time to play the next item, use the remote control (or cast) feature from the tablet app to tell your EMC instance to play it.

• Like 1

One2Go

Thank you very much I will try that tonight. I presume that the layout is fixed and built into the Emby App or are there theme developers for the Android App?

One2Go

@@ebr Thanks tried this last night and to say the least I was impressed. Navigated in EMC through the Libraries for content to play back and started playback normally. Then navigated on the tablet to the next item to be played back. After clicking on it, if it is a MKV file it plays back in MPC just as if I had started it normally on the PC, and if a Blu-ray folder it started PDVD 16 playing back the Blu-ray with menus and all. Have not figured out what you meant by using remote control. I click on the casting icon and select playback on "NUC/Admin MBClassic" are there additional commands like arrow up, down, right or left? I did find the commands for pause FF, RWD and Next or previous.

Thanks for a very excellent client on the tablet.

Edited by One2Go

You used EMC on a tablet? 

No, he used the Android (or maybe iPad) app to remotely play to his EMC machine.

@@ebr Thanks tried this last night and to say the least I was impressed. Navigated in EMC through the Libraries for content to play back and started playback normally. Then navigated on the tablet to the next item to be played back. After clicking on it, if it is a MKV file it plays back in MPC just as if I had started it normally on the PC, and if a Blu-ray folder it started PDVD 16 playing back the Blu-ray with menus and all. Have not figured out what you meant by using remote control.

That's what I meant by remote control - remotely play to the EMC app.

One2Go

Had no idea how detailed and feature rich the Android app is and the detail of what can be done with Emby, is there a guie somewhere that tells you about these hidden gems?

You are correct I set the icon that looks like the cast icon from local to EMC app and then when the content is selected it is being played back using the correct external player on the EMC machine.

Thanks again,

O2G

One2Go

That may happen as soon as Throgmorton has his themes available for Emby Theater. You know I absolutely love the intuitive nature of his themes. In addition I did buy a NUC and installed Windows 7 which was the easiest for me since the Wife was familiar with the Throgsoft themes and does not want tech support nor miss her favorite content.

I just posted a glowing report in another forum on using Emby with the Nvidia Shield. I do value your efforts and support and a lifetime subscription is warranted.