Search Stuck at "Searching..."

snodrog742
Go to solution Solved by corey,

snodrog742

Ever since v1.2.10 when searching for any items it only stays at "Searching..." and never returns results.  Web and Roku work fine.

Will grab server logs later after server quiets down if needed.

corey

Hi @@snodrog742 --

I just went through all the search screens on the app and in my setup it returned results just fine. If you can grab the server logs that'd be great.

Thanks!

If you do that exact same search with the web app, can you show us what is returned?

Okay, and you are doing this search from the app home screen, correct?

Does it work if you do it within one of the libraries?

snodrog742

Okay, and you are doing this search from the app home screen, correct?

Does it work if you do it within one of the libraries?

Home screen of Emby, correct.

Searching within "Movies" appears to work correctly.

Okay, so, now can you try that search inside each of your libraries and see which one(s) fail?

My guess is going to be Live TV - or, maybe, Music...

snodrog742

Okay, so, now can you try that search inside each of your libraries and see which one(s) fail?

My guess is going to be Live TV - or, maybe, Music...

Multiple fail as in they sit at "Searching.." rather than returning "No results found"

Anime, Documentary TV Shows, Kids TV Shows, Music, TV Series.... only about 4 sections actually worked.

corey

@@snodrog742

I’ve tried a number of different scenarios on my setup to try and repeat this but I haven’t been able to. We’re still looking at ways we can possibly get additional information to troubleshoot this.

Do you happen to own a Mac? There are logs on the device itself that may prove useful.

If your server is setup properly for external access, you could create a user for either corey or me (ebr) using Connect and we could try reproducing under the debugger.

snodrog742

@@snodrog742

I’ve tried a number of different scenarios on my setup to try and repeat this but I haven’t been able to. We’re still looking at ways we can possibly get additional information to troubleshoot this.

Do you happen to own a Mac? There are logs on the device itself that may prove useful.

I do own a Mac but is working fine on it.

If your server is setup properly for external access, you could create a user for either corey or me (ebr) using Connect and we could try reproducing under the debugger.

Who would you prefer to be sent to?

• Solution
corey

@@snodrog742 --

We just pushed a new version (1.2.12). If you force close the app and restart it the searching issues should be resolved.

• Like 1