Maximum call stack size exceeded

levander

levander

Hi,

I got message "Maximum call stack size exceeded" when trying to play certain media on emby Apple TV

It's mp4 file in mixed type library, other MP4 files play fine.

Edited by levander

Hi.  Can you provide more specific details about the item that is causing this problem?  Anything different about it as far as metadata or contents?

levander

Hi.  Can you provide more specific details about the item that is causing this problem?  Anything different about it as far as metadata or contents?

Not really. It is downloaded from YouTube but many other files that plays normally are also from YouTube.

• 1 month later...
Karl Blixt

I also have this issue with one of my movies. Aladdin to be specific. Also mp4. I haven't checked if other mp4 files works cause I don't have that manny. But mkv movies work fine. And it works fine in my android client.

It repeatedly show the message "maximum call stack size exceeded" sometimes it's spammed every second while other times it comes at regular intervals of 5ish seconds. And sometimes emby crashes because of it.

I know this movie worked earlier this month. I don't think I've upgraded my server although the Apple TV (gen4) completed an update earlier today. Maybe have a look into that.

I also have this issue with one of my movies. Aladdin to be specific. Also mp4. I haven't checked if other mp4 files works cause I don't have that manny. But mkv movies work fine. And it works fine in my android client.

It repeatedly show the message "maximum call stack size exceeded" sometimes it's spammed every second while other times it comes at regular intervals of 5ish seconds. And sometimes emby crashes because of it.

I know this movie worked earlier this month. I don't think I've upgraded my server although the Apple TV (gen4) completed an update earlier today. Maybe have a look into that.

Try starting the item without any subs selected.

corey

I tried without subtitles and the issue persisted.

If you could PM me a link to the movie or a sample of it I can try and repeat it on my setup.

corey

@@Karl Blixit --

Thank you for sending me a media sample. I was able to repeat your error when I enabled the external English subtitles. It appears that the subtitles are in a format that is incompatible with the Apple TV. In the mean time (until our new player is available) you should be able to play this content without subtitles enabled.

Karl Blixt

Ok @@corey @@ebr, how do I disable the subtitles in apple tv? I've tried to select no subtitle and then play with these settings. But the issue remains. Do I have to disable subtitles for all clients in order to make it work on my Apple TV client?

corey

Ok @@corey @@ebr, how do I disable the subtitles in apple tv? I've tried to select no subtitle and then play with these settings. But the issue remains. Do I have to disable subtitles for all clients in order to make it work on my Apple TV client?

Did you enable subtitles for your particular user in settings? If so, try setting that to none and it'll only effect your current user (but across all clients I believe).

Karl Blixt

Did you enable subtitles for your particular user in settings? If so, try setting that to none and it'll only effect your current user (but across all clients I believe).

OK, I'm not going to do that since I want to have subtitles. Do you think this issue is resolved by the next release or should I start converting my media to mp4?

corey

@karl-blixit --

Unless @@Luke or @@ebr have any ideas I'm not sure if we can enable a quick fix for this problem. One option you might have is to set the bitrate in the Apple TV app settings low enough to transcode the content for now. Our new version of the app with the new player will be entering beta shortly.

Dibbes

<snap> Our new version of the app with the new player will be entering beta shortly. </snap>

Are you able to give any timelines? Though not perfect, especially with subtitles, the new iOS player is way more stable and starts a lot faster than the current tvOS player. It's about all I need to move away from other apps...

Sorry, no we can't give any timeline as it hasn't even gone to beta yet (but should within the week).

• Like 1