Incorrect running time for merged file

jhs39

jhs39

I merged a two part video file using avidemux.  Now Media Browser thinks the movie is 40314 mins long.  I tried correcting the running time by changing the info in the XML file but that didn't update the info in Media Browser.  Does anyone know how to get Media Browser to display the correct running time?  The video does play fine but it's annoying to have that weird number showing up in the movie description.  The same thing happens every time I merge multi-part movie files and put the complete file on Media Browser--the running time always shows up as a ridiculously large number.    

probably a bug with that merging program and the way it writes the headers when it merges. you really need to get the merged file corrected or you're going to have issues, so that's why editing metadata is not the answer.

try remuxing the merged file with mkvmerge

• Like 1

jhs39

The file shows the correct running time in VLC media player and Media Player Classic--if it's a bug in the file why is it only showing up in Media Browser?  The video file is m4v format, mot mkv.  Will mkvmerge work with a m4v file or do I have to start from scratch and rip the files as mkv? 

i don't have all of those answers, but i can say that ffprobe/ffmpeg is giving that to us as the runtime. those tools are among the industry leaders and we depend on them heavily for our encoding engine. so if the runtime is off then those operations are going to have issues.