Archive - Samsung Smart TV App - Public Alpha Test

chessdragon136

Go to the home page on the server and it will show you the IP address you use. Put this in to the app along with the port and should work.

Thanks @@chessdragon136 for the new client, the layout is now modernized and I like it, I was trying to verify the functions available for this update, and one of my 3D movies when played it switched to 3D SBS playback, I don't think that you mentioned any about 3D playback is available in this update, otherwise it's a bug

DaN

hi all

I can't seem to get this installed on the 2014 version of the smart hub (HU900 4K TV model).

None of the guides worked.  

Has anyone got this app successfully installed on the 2014 smart hub??

got it working on my H series TV, it looks great!

One nice future addition, that I know will probably be way too much to ask, is to possible add UHD support?

On my giant UHD screen, the graphics look quite pixellated.  I know it's an early alpha and graphics are last concern, but this thing would look amazing in UHD.

CBers

Thanks @@chessdragon136 for the new client, the layout is now modernized and I like it, I was trying to verify the functions available for this update, and one of my 3D movies when played it switched to 3D SBS playback, I don't think that you mentioned any about 3D playback is available in this update, otherwise it's a bug

DaN

Doesn't your TV support automatic 3D switching, mine does (F8000).

Doesn't your TV support automatic 3D switching, mine does (F8000).

3D switching when running from client; requires an input that tells this is a 3D content (SBS for example) that doesn't switch automatically until that input from the app is there.

However Automatic switch happens in DLNA and plex on a condition they're named as per 3D identified convention ( *.H-SBS.*) MB3 also recognizes this convention.

DaN

CBers

3D switching when running from client; requires an input that tells this is a 3D content (SBS for example) that doesn't switch automatically until that input from the app is there.

However Automatic switch happens in DLNA and plex on a condition they're named as per 3D identified convention ( *.H-SBS.*) MB3 also recognizes this convention.

DaN

When I have played 3D content via this app, my TV switches to 3D mode.

Which model TV do you have ??

CBers

I don't have a great deal, just 3 or 4 movies.

TThey are set up in MBS as per the guidelines, with [fsbs] as part of the name.

Edited by CBers

As per Media Browser Community's "Media Files & Folders Structure" note

3D Videos
Any video can be marked as 3D by placing one of the following tags within the filename:

• [fsbs] - Full side by side
  • [ftab] - Full top and bottom
  • [hsbs] - Half side by side
  • [htab] - Half top and bottom

I checked my library and found only that movie had [fsbs] in the name; all others are [hsbs]; so I guess something in the logic of the client that recognizes only [fsbs].

Edited by DaN

CBers

As you said, the app doesn't support 3D identification currently.

I have FROZEN listed twice, but the details displayed are identified.

When I play the 3D version, my TV detects it's a 3D movie and changes playback to 3D. It is not the app doing it.

I suspect if I renamed my movie to include hsbs it would still be detected as such by my TV, as it is the file not the name.

Edit: I have just renamed FROZEN from fsbs to hsbs and my TV still auto switched to 3D playback.

Edited by CBers

got it working on my H series TV, it looks great!

One nice future addition, that I know will probably be way too much to ask, is to possible add UHD support?

On my giant UHD screen, the graphics look quite pixellated.  I know it's an early alpha and graphics are last concern, but this thing would look amazing in UHD.

Chessdragon has said previously that the app wont become HD or UHD at this point. This is due to the older models having a lower supported max resolution so in order for the app to work on all models, it has to be designed in the lowest supported resolution. Its unfortunate but the only other option would be to have various versions in different resolutions which would be alot more work for chessdragon. As time goes on and the older models become less prevalent then im sure chessdragon will increase the resolution.

crashkelly

As you said, the app doesn't support 3D identification currently.

I have FROZEN listed twice, but the details displayed are identified.

When I play the 3D version, my TV detects it's a 3D movie and changes playback to 3D. It is not the app doing it.

I suspect if I renamed my movie to include hsbs it would still be detected as such by my TV, as it is the file not the name.

Edit: I have just renamed FROZEN from fsbs to hsbs and my TV still auto switched to 3D playback.

@@CBers

Sorry for the thread derail, but what file type are you using to accomplish this. Previous I had one 3D TV and it was connected via HTPC and I ripped everything to ISO and mounted with TMT to get 3D playback.

I know have 2 other 3D that I am connecting up via DLNA, well one of them is now using this app, and I would like to be able to stream 3D playback. Right now on the one TV with this app installed, a 51" Samsung PN51F5500, I can, most of the time, traverse to a 3D movie iso and get it to mount on the server and play, but it is transcoded to the TV, actually everything is being transcoded to the TV, but that is a different issue\problem that I need to try to figure out.

Again, sorry for the hijack\derail

Cheers

CrashKelly

Edited by crashkelly

CBers

As foretold, I found fsbs files working for me, though it's not the same for @@CBers so is there any logic in your code for 3D switching?

DaN

All of my 3D movies automatically play in 3D mode.

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

crashkelly

All of my 3D movies automatically play in 3D mode.

They are playing via DirectPlay and not transcoding, correct?

Thanks

CrashKelly

CBers

Correction: I meant

Correction: I mean only fsbs files works in my client; I sent @@chessdragon136 a file for testing

Are they true fsbs movies?

I have 1 hsbs and 1 fsbs movie (I said I didn’t have many :) ) and both play OK on my TV.

CBers

Well, apart from naming, I don't know how to differentiate them

DaN

I dont think MBS does either. I think it just uses the tag in the name to determine if it's a 3D movie or not.

You shouldn't have to worry about it your TV auto switches to 3D.

I would like to see in the app a flag/indicator that a movie is 3D as the web client does.

Perhaps we should start a 3D thread separate to this one so it's a general 3D topic?

chessdragon136

3D and audio switching are an absolute nightmare!

I don't understand what is done natively and what isn't... So whenever I code anything I have no idea what is working :S 

But I've made 0 changes in any recent builds

Edited by chessdragon136
  • Like 1

3D and audio switching are an absolute nightmare!

I don't understand what is done natively and what isn't... So whenever I code anything I have no idea what is working :S

But I've made 0 changes in any recent builds

As foretold, I found fsbs files working for me, though it's not the same for @@CBers so is there any logic in your code for 3D switching?

DaN