Archive - Samsung Smart TV App - Public Alpha Test

chessdragon136

chessdragon136

@@CBers - Spot on - If it is part of a collection it won't show individually - Is fixed for next release

@@Yogi - Its the install procedure that is the problem, not the app.. , although feel free to test as well ;) 

• Like 1

chessdragon136

Thanks for the app works great on MKV files. Other than the inability to play DVD rips  Video_TS folders.  Hopefully it will be a feature added in the future. Thanks again

Hi Jeff

Yeah - I hope it will be too

How do you rip your dvd's to the computer? I don't have any to test with so need to create some.

Thanks

gcw07

I'm assuming it is transcoding. If so, I'm guessing what is there now as far as folder rip support is all you will get. That is unless ffmpeg improves support for folder rips.

chessdragon136

@@gcw07 - Transcoding is currently disabled so it is expected not to work currently - It needs a re-write due to newer tv's being able to handle ts streams and older ones I have to rely on HLS m4u8 (which currently doesn't work fully server side - Luke knows this one) 

gcw07

@@gcw07 - Transcoding is currently disabled so it is expected not to work currently - It needs a re-write due to newer tv's being able to handle ts streams and older ones I have to rely on HLS m4u8 (which currently doesn't work fully server side - Luke knows this one) 

But either way, TS or HLS you would still be transcoding a file from mkv/avi/etc to ts or to hls. With limited support for folder rips on the server due to ffmpeg limiting support, what is done now is probably as best as it will get.

BTW this was back to Jeff's post about additional folder rip support for DVD rips. What is there is probably as best as there will be unless ffmpeg improves.

Yogi

@@Yogi - Its the install procedure that is the problem, not the app.. , although feel free to test as well ;)

@@chessdragon136 Had a quick look before I go to work and logged in and installed v.320 and the install went smooth with no hassles.

chessdragon136

I'm sorry @@gcw07 I didn't appreciate what you were saying (and to some extent I still don't)

You mention limited support for folder rips due to ffmpeg - I haven't looked into this at all (my current transcode scenarios all evolve around mkv's with subtitles as a testing platform) 

When I do get back into transcoding code properly I'll have to look into it and understand for myself - thanks for the info though!

@@Yogi - Would you mind just detailing your install procedure for @@rickster53 (PM preferably) It will be interesting to know if the TV's in the same series are different :S

Thanks all  

gcw07

I'm sorry @@gcw07 I didn't appreciate what you were saying (and to some extent I still don't)

You mention limited support for folder rips due to ffmpeg - I haven't looked into this at all (my current transcode scenarios all evolve around mkv's with subtitles as a testing platform) 

Basically was just saying that right now our transcoding engine (ffmpeg) only supports folder rips (like DVD folders or Blu-ray folders) in an experimental fashion. So while you can and I'm sure you will add support for transcoding in this, folder rip support is still going to be hit and miss. It can work sometimes great and other times not at all.

• Like 1

chessdragon136

Ok new build up - v0.330 ALPHA

• Collections are now implemented

For those who don't know the update procedure is the same as installing, log into develop account, check ip address (should be remembered) and then sync to get the latest version

Edited by chessdragon136
  • Like 1

J e f f

Hi Jeff

Yeah - I hope it will be too

How do you rip your dvd's to the computer? I don't have any to test with so need to create some.

Thanks

I use DVD Fab and rip just the main movie. there should be a free trial at their site http://www.dvdfab.cn/

Edited by J e f f
  • Like 1

rickster53

When I do get back into transcoding code properly I'll have to look into it and understand for myself - thanks for the info though!

@@Yogi - Would you mind just detailing your install procedure for @@rickster53 (PM preferably) It will be interesting to know if the TV's in the same series are different :S

Thanks all  

Some progress on my install issue...  So I poked around some more and found the following...  After I logged in with "develop", I had to go to Tools and there's a submenu item that says "Development".  If you click on "Development" it takes you to another menu where you can either set the Server IP Address or do User application Synchronization.  So I selected Server IP Address and entered the one you specified.  Then I selected the User Application Synchronization and after a few seconds I got a Network error message with a -2 code.  But I checked my network status on the TV and it shows connection to the internet...  I'm going to repeat this again tomorrow to verify what I did...

Edited by rickster53

Yogi

Some progress on my install issue...  So I poked around some more and found the following...  After I logged in with "develop", I had to go to Tools and there's a submenu item that says "Development".  If you click on "Development" it takes you to another menu where you can either set the Server IP Address or do User application Synchronization.  So I selected Server IP Address and entered the one you specified.  Then I selected the User Application Synchronization and after a few seconds I got a Network error message with a -2 code.  But I checked my network status on the TV and it shows connection to the internet...  I'm going to repeat this again tomorrow to verify what I did...

@@rickster53

This is exactly the same except for 1 menu where you need to accept the developer agreement before either installing or updating,which I need to do every time.

Smaky

Just installed without issues in my UN55ES8000. No issues. I just do not know how to browse my movie collection. 

Thanks for this great effort.

smokey7722

Looks like my EH5300 will not allow me to enter an IP to install the app when on the "develop" user.  It claims a user exists already and uses that, but never displays a Settings option or allows the blue D button to do anything.  My D8000 worked perfect and installed fine and loads up.  But as Smaky said, I get the initial page to load although I can't browse TV or Movies.  The menu is listed up top but I can't get it to select up there.  It selects the resume and unwatched episodes only.

Yogi

Just installed without issues in my UN55ES8000. No issues. I just do not know how to browse my movie collection. 

Thanks for this great effort.

Press the tools button on the remote,that takes you to the top menu and select all from there.

CBers

@@chessdragon136 - not sure if you can answer this, but why does the playback device show as Samsung 13_FOXP instead of [TV]Samsung UE46F8000 as it does in DLNA:

Capture840.jpg

Also, not sure if this is a glitch, but getting this when viewing a TV episode:

2014-03-31%2010.48.57.jpg

Not sure what the -:- should be.

chessdragon136

Model Code I believe is now corrected for next release

And the -:- is correct, it was just a place holder I have put in as I have no nice graphics currently

CBers

Model Code I believe is now corrected for next release

And the -:- is correct, it was just a place holder I have put in as I have no nice graphics currently

OK, thanks :)

rickster53

@@rickster53

This is exactly the same except for 1 menu where you need to accept the developer agreement before either installing or updating,which I need to do every time.

Yes, I did get to the screen to accept the developer agreement, which I did.  But then I got an error message that said Unable to Connect to Server   Network_Development_Error -2.   Looks like it could not connect to the server to do the install.  My network is set up to automatically assign IP addresses and automatically assign DNS.  When I check the network connection via the TV it says it's connected.  MB3's dashboard shows a DLNA connection to the TV, so it sees it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

Edited by rickster53

chessdragon136

When you get that error is it before or after you have entered the IP address?

All I can think of is to check the IP address..  

c0m3r

Just a quick request from me. When setting up the IP and port for the server, could the IP entry be changed to allow the entry of a host name as I use dynamic DNS due to not having a static IP and dont want to have to continually change the server IP at startup.

rickster53

First I entered the IP address 82.45.82.57, and then I selected User Application Synchronization. After a couple of seconds, that error message is displayed. Since this is working for others, I'm guessing this must be some problem with how my network is configured. Ie. I have my main router in one area of the house and that bridges to another router in the house where the TV and additional devices are connected. But as I mentioned, I can "DLNA Push To" the TV from MB3 and Samsung Allshare also works in this networked configuration, so I'm puzzled... Appreciate the support though!

EDIT: Will try removing the second router from the equation and retest later...

Edited by rickster53

Yogi

Yes, I did get to the screen to accept the developer agreement, which I did.  But then I got an error message that said Unable to Connect to Server   Network_Development_Error -2.   Looks like it could not connect to the server to do the install.  My network is set up to automatically assign IP addresses and automatically assign DNS.  When I check the network connection via the TV it says it's connected.  MB3's dashboard shows a DLNA connection to the TV, so it sees it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

Yep it's a strange one,I can't think of anything else that would be a problem.

chessdragon136

Just a quick request from me. When setting up the IP and port for the server, could the IP entry be changed to allow the entry of a host name as I use dynamic DNS due to not having a static IP and dont want to have to continually change the server IP at startup.

Are you connecting to a server outside your local area network then? Must admit I haven't tested that this would work - If not just assign the local ip address of the server..

And yes I can try create a toggle between ip and URI entry but I don't know how Javascript handles external connections (usually blocks them)

----------------------------------------

@@rickster53 -> I can only assume its a network setup issue you have.. I know my Samsung TV can sometimes detect the wrong details and states its connected when it isnt, so manually enter the settings in the TV, in particular the DNS servers..