Archive - Samsung Smart TV App - Public Alpha Test

chessdragon136

Bohemi

Hi,

I can see the user but when selected, it won't go further.

I can use the red, blue, return and info button. 

rgrds

I53d4abdeeaa3e_IMG_20140727_093234.jpg

Hi,

I can see the user but when selected, it won't go further.

I can use the red, blue, return and info button.

rgrds

I53d4abdeeaa3e_IMG_20140727_093234.jpg

I've 3 users setup in my server, I face a similar issue with one of them, @@chessdragon136 do you need particular log info?

DaN

chessdragon136

@@DaN Can i resolve this one first get an update out and you can let me know if it fixes yours :)

@@Bohemi

Thanks that image helps as i can see it has started to load the top menu bar which means its passed user verification and stopped in loading the library data.

Can you provide an overview of your libraries please (just the info form the library tab of the configuration page - folders and media types please)

IF you wish to keep that personal please just pm me if possible. 

Edited by chessdragon136

@@DaN Can i resolve this one first get an update out and you can let me know if it fixes yours :)

Thanks for your continuous support

DaN

Bohemi

I only have 1 movie library linked to a local disk on the server in combination with serverWMC plugin at the moment.

After successfully testing I will add my recordings and music but this is not active yet.

chessdragon136

@@Bohemi @@DaN

Can you test v0.482b - I think the error is when there is no content to show on the home page it has problems... 

Also possible fix for video crash when trying to play a video after a connection error on another video

Edited by chessdragon136
  • Like 1

Bohemi

@Chessdragon

I am impressed! This is a different kind of support and development.

With b version I am able to reach the folder. But when selecting to play specific content, I get the message "Unable to play non of the mediasources are playable".

Further I can't see TV content like live TV or guide.

Rgrds

chessdragon136

Live TV content is not implemented yet - sorry. That's quite a way off too as its a lot of work.

What format are your movies in? I'm going to guess something like folder rips, ISO's? And sorry to say they are not implemented either :S

Bohemi

I have all different types but most is mkv, wtv, iso

I will for sure be waiting for that live TV part, that would make live easier for the family. Now it's switching between the HTPC and Smart TV for the different solutions, then it could be only the Smart TV.

chessdragon136

MKV should work, wtv and iso probably not currently..

I'm in the middle of re-writing that code but its still a few weeks off. 

I'll try bump live tv up my list, but its still going to be 2 months with my best guess. Stick around the thread and be a useful tester and I'll remember to include you when I have anything live tv for testing. 

Bohemi

I'll keep an eye on this tread and will be happy to help with testing releases regarding movie formats WTV or MKV, same for live TV....or anything else.

I recognize the potential of this solution, the mediabrowser team made a hugh step with mediabrowser 3. 

@@Bohemi @@DaN

Can you test v0.482b - I think the error is when there is no content to show on the home page it has problems...

Also possible fix for video crash when trying to play a video after a connection error on another video

@@chessdragon136 that resolved my 3rd user issue, thank you

DaN

CBers

FR: I'd like to see the ability to mark an item marked as watched/unwatched added to this app please.

Just wondered if it was on your todo list?

Thanks.

@@chessdragon136 I really appreciate all what your doing, please share your to-do list, and may be using a forum like 'uservoice' will help to share thoughts on prioritizing them based on everybody's interest

DaN

Edited by DaN

CBers

@@chessdragon136 I really appreciate all what your doing, please share your to-do list, and may be using a forum like 'uservoice' will help to share thoughts on prioritizing them based on everybody's interest

DaN

There is a MB3 Trello board that could be used.

chessdragon136

@@CBers - how would you display the watched indicator on the portrait view - using the green circle and tick takes up too much space... Apart from that it is mostly implemented

CBers

@@CBers - how would you display the watched indicator on the portrait view - using the green circle and tick takes up too much space... Apart from that it is mostly implemented

However it can be done. Green for watched, nothing for unwatched? I know you have the numbers in the green circle for unwatched episode count in TV series.

My FR was for the ability to mark an item as watched or unwatched from within the app.

Sometimes I play a minute or 2 of an item to check all is OK, especially after an update, but then I have to go to the Dashboard to mark it appropriately. Would be nice to be able to do it from your app.

Thanks.

Edited by CBers

chessdragon136

v0.484 Released

Use the green button on any video item (Episode, Movie) to mark it as watched or unwatched - This is implemented on the list pages only currently. (So not the details page for an episode or movie) 

I will not add this to Series or Seasons for tv as I don't want to mess up peoples watched statuses due to someone hitting a wrong button. (I just messed mine up completely so not happy)

• Like 1

chessdragon136

Ok all - not sure how well this will work out but I have a list of ongoing elements here:

https://trello.com/b/BXdQbQKp/mediabrowser-3-samsung-tv-app

But what I really need is someone to mock me some Film, Season and Episode page designs - @@c0m3r please please please :D

Edited by chessdragon136
  • Like 2

I think @@ebr or @@Luke will confirm, but I believe you can add TV shows, music and movies into a collection in the Dashboard, but they do differ from BoxSets.

I personally use the Auto-BoxSets plugin to group my movies into collections, but don't group TV so, music and movies together.

I think that's right, but I could be completely wrong :D

Collection members can be of any type.  You should use the web interface and/or auto box sets plug-in to create collections.

You shouldn't use the old file-system tag method (you will notice that is not documented anymore).

chessdragon136

@@ebr - Thanks. 

It may sound odd but i can't find how you make collections in the web interface... And it seems the web interface groups collections under each media type (or at least the menu is) That's what has thrown me to ask the question. 

Currently I just have collections as a main menu item, but im running out of space and am tempted to copy the web interface design. However, now you have said collections can be of multiple types it makes no sense to do so. Or thats my current thinking.

c0m3r

Ok all - not sure how well this will work out but I have a list of ongoing elements here:

https://trello.com/b/BXdQbQKp/mediabrowser-3-samsung-tv-app

But what I really need is someone to mock me some Film, Season and Episode page designs - @@c0m3r please please please :D

Will see what I can do. Are you wanting to stick with the current setup of a menu on the left or something completely new?

• Like 1