Archive - Samsung Smart TV App - Public Alpha Test

chessdragon136

CBers

OK, since you fixed @@Yogi's DTS issue, I have a problem.

As my Sonos PlayBar doesn't support DTS I'm getting no audio as it appears that your app is changing the TV's audio output via optical to DTS, so I'm having to changeit to PCM for every video.

chessdragon136

OK, since you fixed @@Yogi's DTS issue, I have a problem.

As my Sonos PlayBar doesn't support DTS I'm getting no audio as it appears that your app is changing the TV's audio output via optical to DTS, so I'm having to changeit to PCM for every video.

Is that a new issue that has just come in in the last hour or has it always been like that?

@@Yogi - Can you describe your TV / speaker setup please

Edited by chessdragon136

CBers

In the last hour since you switched DTS on.

Still works OK via DLNA.

Edited by CBers

gillmacca

you have to press TTX/MIX to change input type to numeric

@chessdragon - excellent editions to the app! it's coming on nicely!!! :-D

How do i change it. up an down does nothing on my remote, and right and left just moves the cursor left or right in the input box

chessdragon136

Ok, @@Yogi forget everything I have said! If you use DLNA to stream the file to the TV do you get DTS then?

I've removed my DTS code as I have no idea what to do currently...

Is it possible to switch between audio tracks? Because i have transcoded my movies with two audio tracks. Aac and  ac3 (Dolby Digital) track.

CBers

Ok, @@Yogi forget everything I have said! If you use DLNA to stream the file to the TV do you get DTS then?

Sorry Yogi :(

So is there another .350 update ??

chessdragon136

@@chessdragon136 - when you had your DTS code in earlier, my TV was switching to DTS audio via optical out, but as my Sonos PlayBar doesn't support DTS, I was having to manually set the audio to PCM.

I know, thats why I removed the code earlier - Or am i missing what you mean here?

gillmacca

How do i change it. up an down does nothing on my remote, and right and left just moves the cursor left or right in the input box

OK, solved it. Shouldn't mess with new software when you are tired...lol. was looking for a way to move to the remote pad onscreen, not realizing their is a TTX/MIX button on my remote

• Like 1

Yogi

Yeah sorry about that - I would still be interested to know some more info though..

Is the tv connected to receiver via optical (Digital Out)?

Is the tv set up in any way to output DTS over the optical (I believe there should be a setting somewhere)

How do you know it's converting to Dolby Digital?

And the TV most likely does support it (CBers has confirmed that as I had introduced some code that enabled DTS if it was available) 

My problem is not being able to know if what is connected via Digital Out is DTS / Dobly / PCM... 

Does your amp support DTS?

This is the model of the AVR

1. The TV is connected via HDMI which is carrying both video and audio.
  2. The readout on the front of the amp actually tells me what format is coming through,I have the amp set to straight so no converting is done via the lav codecs,everything is usually handled by the AVR.

As can be seen the amp supports most formats available. Running the same file via MBC everything is playing correctly with correct audio conming through.

chessdragon136

This is the model of the AVR

1. The TV is connected via HDMI which is carrying both video and audio.
  2. The readout on the front of the amp actually tells me what format is coming through,I have the amp set to straight so no converting is done via the lav codecs,everything is usually handled by the AVR.

As can be seen the amp supports most formats available. Running the same file via MBC everything is playing correctly with correct audio conming through.

@@Yogi you have the perfect setup for testing this given your amp! Are you about for the next hour to test something? I can PM you some live chat details if you wish to save yourself the problems of posting on the forums

Yogi

@@Yogi you have the perfect setup for testing this given your amp! Are you about for the next hour to test something? I can PM you some live chat details if you wish to save yourself the problems of posting on the forums

Sorry mate I have to go to work,right about now.

I am late already but no big deal.If you can pm me some details of what you would like tested and in about 5 hours I will be home if not earlier.

chessdragon136

New Version - v0.360 Released:

• Added an unplayed counter and watched marker
  • Fixed an issue when returning from a page would return the user to the Genres page

@@CBers

Edited by chessdragon136
  • Like 1

Digital audio works in the app, the only problem I can see, it starts with PCM, but you can switch it from menu > sound > digital audio out, also I noticed, that if you're playing contents of the same audio format (DTS for example) it doesn't switch back to PCM until you play a content of different audio format (Dolby in my scenario). from my experience with plex, that's controllable in a way to start it as PCM or "switch audio output based on media".

My setup is F7500 connected to Samsung F751 soundbar through HDMI (Audio Return Channel port)

Regards,

DaN

DaN

using Tapatalk

• Like 1

rickster53

First I entered the IP address 82.45.82.57, and then I selected User Application Synchronization. After a couple of seconds, that error message is displayed. Since this is working for others, I'm guessing this must be some problem with how my network is configured. Ie. I have my main router in one area of the house and that bridges to another router in the house where the TV and additional devices are connected. But as I mentioned, I can "DLNA Push To" the TV from MB3 and Samsung Allshare also works in this networked configuration, so I'm puzzled... Appreciate the support though!

EDIT: Will try removing the second router from the equation and retest later...

So I removed the second router from the equation and connected the TV to my primary router---no luck---same Samsung error ("Error_Development_002) when I try to Synch. I have tried Google-ing this error and have not come up with anything definitive to solve the problem. Then I entered 82.45.82.57 into my browser on my PC and I

got the following details in a troubleshooting log for the error:

Windows received an HTTP error message: 403 (Forbidden) from "82.45.82.57" Detected

Contact the owner of the remote site for permission Completed

Windows can reach the site, but you do not have permission to access the content.

Don't understand how this could be a permissions issue with your site since others are accessing it just fine. Any ideas?

Edited by rickster53

chessdragon136

@@DaN - Priceless information, thank you. 

So you are saying it works in my app if you change it in the samsung menu to DTS? If so then the code I have Yogi testing has a good chance of working to some degree.. 

As for the changing back to PCM, its the samsung setting so you will have to change it bac manually currently if I am understanding you correctly.. The auto change on different codec is due to the tv detecting the change, realising it wont work with current settings and falling back (If i'm following you correctly)

My app will need code to default to PCM unless the user has stated that it can change the mode to match the audio type...  This again will be something i tackle when i implement a control bar for video playback...

Does that make sense to you DaN? (I have no digital audio experience at all) Is your soundbar DTS compatible? If so I may ask you to test in the near future again

@@rickster53 - Sorry to hear that.. As for the 403 forbidden I have set up my server to reject all requests unless they are coming from the samsung tv (My actual job is computer security based) - Set up the internet connection manually on the tv and try using Googles DNS server (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) - The only other way to distribute the app to the tv is for you to set up a http server on your local network and setting the tv to connect to that, but unless you are computer confident then I don't recommend this. 

Yogi

Wow all those posts where confusing,anyway just tried DLNa to my TV and no it doesn't play DTS,it converts it to Dolby Digital.

Obviously the TV doesn't support it and I don't think there is anyway I can bypass the audio being converted by the TV to go straight to the amp.

chessdragon136

Yeah sorry about that - I would still be interested to know some more info though..

Is the tv connected to receiver via optical (Digital Out)?

Is the tv set up in any way to output DTS over the optical (I believe there should be a setting somewhere)

How do you know it's converting to Dolby Digital?

And the TV most likely does support it (CBers has confirmed that as I had introduced some code that enabled DTS if it was available) 

My problem is not being able to know if what is connected via Digital Out is DTS / Dobly / PCM... 

Does your amp support DTS?

Edited by chessdragon136

CBers

@@chessdragon136 - when you had your DTS code in earlier, my TV was switching to DTS audio via optical out, but as my Sonos PlayBar doesn't support DTS, I was having to manually set the audio to PCM.

chessdragon136

Is it possible to switch between audio tracks? Because i have transcoded my movies with two audio tracks. Aac and  ac3 (Dolby Digital) track.

Currently not.. In the next few weeks I will be returning to my video player code to add in more features and selecting the audio track has been added to the list. No ETA though..

• Like 1

Yogi

Digital audio works in the app, the only problem I can see, it starts with PCM, but you can switch it from menu > sound > digital audio out, also I noticed, that if you're playing contents of the same audio format (DTS for example) it doesn't switch back to PCM until you play a content of different audio format (Dolby in my scenario). from my experience with plex, that's controllable in a way to start it as PCM or "switch audio output based on media".

My setup is F7500 connected to Samsung F751 soundbar through HDMI (Audio Return Channel port)

Regards,

DaN

DaN

using Tapatalk

Thanks DaN, I didn't even think to change it on the TV,that works fine but as you said it starts with PCM and then you have to cahnge it manually,would make it easier in the future if it just picks up the audio ouput and does it automatically..

My app will need code to default to PCM unless the user has stated that it can change the mode to match the audio type... This again will be something i tackle when i implement a control bar for video playback...

Still thinking that info bar should be utilized to show more information, that will help to, specially when there are playback issues (currently I didn't face any), bitrate, audio format, stream method, etc should be clear.

On the other hand, when selecting a cast person, results page shows all person contents across media folders; this how I like it thanks @@chessdragon136 results page need some design , but it works for me

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is your soundbar DTS compatible? If so I may ask you to test in the near future again

My Soundbar is DTS and Dolby compatible, ready to help

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk