Archive - Samsung Smart TV App - Public Alpha Test

chessdragon136

chessdragon136

Can @@DaN and @@CBers send me small sample files of 3d films for testing when possible please :)

(And let me know if they are playing in 3d automatically)

Edited by chessdragon136

zak2725

Thanks chessedragon136 ,nice work .

I got it working on my new 

UN65HU9000. i love it 3D movies works perfect.

please add 3D code as soon as you can .

thanks.

chessdragon136

Ok I think the TV must be switching based on a flag in the file that says its 3D - My app has no input on this but I will try. 

Transcoding is seperate from 3d - if your 3d films are in iso format it will transcode (or crash, iso is a pain!) but i hope that makes my point.. its based on what file format, codec and everything else your movie file is that decides if it transcodes, not if its 3d or not

Edited by chessdragon136
  • Like 1

chessdragon136

Ok i deserved that for giving a techy response.

How MBS determines 3d capability is through the file name only from my understanding. I dont think ffmpeg reports if a file is 3d so that's that. 

Samsung TV's probably use a flag embedded in the file (or do some sort of scan that determines if it is 3d or not) and auto switches.

That is my hypotheses with absolutely no proof to back it up - I will test when i can. 

Well, I asked that coz I found some of my 3D contents are switching to 3D automatically in Samsung client, However all of them switch properly in plex, and Samsung DLNA, so it must be something in the software.

DaN

Edited by DaN

above1

Well, I asked that coz I found some of my 3D contents are switching to 3D automatically in Samsung client, However all of them switch properly in plex, and Samsung DLNA, so it must be something in the software.

DaN

Dan, I have the same issue.   I have a 55" 8000 series and the firmware on the box does not allow for switching from the 3D menu to HSBS or any other 3D other than 2D -> 3D.  It's a shortcoming on the TV software.  The only thing that can change it is an app.   The plex app is coded to look for the H-SBS ext. on the file and therefore forces the client to switch to HSBS if the TV supports it. 

This is from the plex forum:  https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/51677-3d-movies/

The problem is that Samsung TVs (at least Series 8 ones) are not capable to switch to 3D modes from PC source (VGA/RGB source), and only offers the 2D-->3D mode. When you press the 3D button on your remote it is not Plex, but your TV software which displays some optiones grayed out. It is a problem that Samsung should fix, but all you can do is to use the Plex App in the SmartHub (of course I agree it is not as cool as the PC version) or the built in player to stream movies from an external drive connected to any built in USB ports on TV or shared over DLNA protocol.

I too can play the same movies in plex and dnla in 3d without issue.  The TV switches TO 3D SBS.  On MB3 with the way cool and awesome sammy app developed by @@chessdragon136 it doesn't switch and am unable to manually force it to switch.

aBoVe1

Edited by above1

CBers

DaN

Looks like i was wrong with my previous answers, sorry for the confusion.

FSBS movies auto-switch to 3D mode on my TV (F8000), but HSBS movies don't - I have to switch them manually.

Thanks @@above1 for the information, so it's clear that the client has to force the switch, and @@CBers thanks for the correction, now either it's hsbs or fsbs MBS recognize it as 3D content through naming, @@chessdragon136 waiting for your plans to develop the 3D switching code

DaN

Edited by DaN

CBers

There's obviously something in FSBS content that causes the Samsung TVs to auto-swicth, that isn't in HSBS content.

What that is, I don't know.

I'll start a 3D thread in the General Discussion forums so that we don't OT this thread too much :)

• Like 1