Movies List constantly flashes

TheClaus

samuelqwe

Okay, please provide the log when you can.  My suspicion is some of the image resize operations on the server are failing and causing full-sized images to be sent to the Roku - which would blow out the image memory very quickly.

Here is the log, during which the Roku had some flickering on the menu.

Log.txt

Can you  please restart the server, and then attach that log from the startup sequence? thanks.

samuelqwe

Can you  please restart the server, and then attach that log from the startup sequence? thanks.

Sure, here you go.

Log2.txt

Did you install Emby Server by following the instructions on the Emby website?

samuelqwe

Did you install Emby Server by following the instructions on the Emby website?

No, because LibreELEC is not your typical OS and it runs Kodi as the Frontend, you need to install add-ons via custom ZIP files or in one of the included repositories. As far as I know, the add-on is just a wrapper for the regular .Net Core version of Emby, and I don't think it has been modified in any way. Of course, I didn't make the add-on, so it's possible there are some things that were modified.

Edited by samuelqwe

I'm asking because based on your log this doesn't look like one of our official distributions. Your installation doesn't have any support for processing images.

Right so whoever built that needs to add a native library for image processing. The .net core packages only support Skia but i can add support for ImageMagick if that would help. But whoever is packaging it for LibreELEC will still need to make sure either Skia or ImageMagick is available on the platform.

samuelqwe

I'm asking because based on your log this doesn't look like one of our official distributions. Your installation doesn't have any support for processing images.

I have noticed that that was the case, because the librairies don't have any generated images like other version of Emby, just the default library icons. Perhaps I'll switch back to using Raspbian (based on Debian), and then the issue would go away. I'll also mention it to the developer of the add-on for LibreELEC to see if he can bundle the image processing dependencies.

samuelqwe

Right so whoever built that needs to add a native library for image processing. The .net core packages only support Skia but i can add support for ImageMagick if that would help. But whoever is packaging it for LibreELEC will still need to make sure either Skia or ImageMagick is available on the platform.

Is there a way I can manually check if ImageMagick is bundled with my add-on? I could look into the add-ons files to see, but I don't know what to look for.

samuelqwe

I found a file called libMagickCore-7.Q16HDRI.so.6 in the Emby add-on, so I'm guessing it does support ImageMagick. You could try enabling it in the .Net Core update and I'll check if it works.

Well, we haven't implemented ImageMagick 7 support. Truthfully we don't really want to do any new image magick development. I can add back our image magick support but it's based on 6.9.x.

samuelqwe

Well, we haven't implemented ImageMagick 7 support. Truthfully we don't really want to do any new image magick development. I can add back our image magick support but it's based on 6.9.x.

As long as it works, I have no issues with it.

ghostquito

Is this broken again in .96? I just started noticing this. i never got to try .95 i have a roku TV. Just upgraded to the latest server version ubuntu

Thanks,

Edit: Actually never mind, seems it might have just been doing it at the first loading after the server upgrade. Seems fine now after i left it for a couple of minutes

Edited by ghostquito

Is this broken again in .96? I just started noticing this. i never got to try .95 i have a roku TV. Just upgraded to the latest server version ubuntu

Thanks,

Edit: Actually never mind, seems it might have just been doing it at the first loading after the server upgrade. Seems fine now after i left it for a couple of minutes

That's using our official ubuntu install instructions, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Reporting in! Version 3.5.2.0 and it works fine now. :) Was a surprise to start emby and see no flashes. Thanks for your good work guys!

I might as well report another minor bug here though. I'm playing an MKV with a long list of subs for different languages, and the sub selection window, while playing the video, goes outside of my screen (tv, roku) in the top and bottom! So I can't see some of them. >< "eng" and "off" are outside the screen, for example.

Edited by Phuein

Thanks for the feedback. 

By sub selection, do you mean during playback, or the pre-playback selection screen? Would you mind starting a new topic about this with a screenshot? Thanks !

Thanks for the feedback. 

By sub selection, do you mean during playback, or the pre-playback selection screen? Would you mind starting a new topic about this with a screenshot? Thanks !

It's while playing the video. Never saw a sub selection window in the pre-playback selection screen.

You can replicate this issue by playing any mkv with a very full list of subtitles in different languages on a 30" TV. ;)

Edited by Phuein

I guess the Roku menu system we're using for this doesn't support scrolling.

This must be a LOT of subs though...

I guess the Roku menu system we're using for this doesn't support scrolling.

This must be a LOT of subs though...

Somewhere over 10 :P And yeah, there's no proper scrollbar (I do webdev.) It just goes up and down, only showing the middle visible section of the selection.

Very considerate of subtitlers, honestly lol.