Changelog

Ernst

Ernst

Hey guys, noticed an update of MBT today (at least I saw the restart icon appear), which triggered a wish a have for some time now.

Could you please have some kind of change log somewhere in the forum to tell us what the new version is all about?

I have been missing it for some time now and thought it might be a good idea.

Hopefully i'm not the only one that wants this.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

JDizzy

I have donated to but am not using Mediabrowser at the moment.

I look for the day when there is news of the MBT client being able to use playlists and function as most standard media palyers.

Seems like the race is on for how many different devices can connect to the server rather than fine tuning the clients. Mainly their own MBT!

A changelog would be a a welcomed way of announcing changes.

Hopefully more resources will come available for the fine tuning of MBT and we can play lists of music, change aspect in video, etc...etc

Edited by JDizzy
  • Like 1

jespermart

Seems like the race is on for how many different devices can connect to the server rather than fine tuning the clients. Mainly their own MBT!

Yes it's sad

Tikuf

@@jespermart & @@JDizzy

This is my own opinion and should be read as such.

I could go on a rant about how ignorant both of those posts are but I shall show some restraint.

Firstly because things YOU want are not being done when YOU want them doesn't mean things are not being done.

As lockdown571  suggested check the commits you will see what is happening

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Theater/commits/master

there is a ton of stuff going on.

It is not a case of how many clients mb can get out there. Different devs have different skill sets and take on a project THEY want to do.

Remember this is all driven by people who donate their time for you and as such you should at least try to show some respect.

Flame away but I will not be responding. I just hate comments like these and against my better judgement could not let them pass

• Like 8

ragico

@@jespermart & @@JDizzy

This is my own opinion and should be read as such.

I could go on a rant about how ignorant both of those posts are but I shall show some restraint.

Firstly because things YOU want are not being done when YOU want them doesn't mean things are not being done.

As lockdown571  suggested check the commits you will see what is happening

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Theater/commits/master

there is a ton of stuff going on.

It is not a case of how many clients mb can get out there. Different devs have different skill sets and take on a project THEY want to do.

Remember this is all driven by people who donate their time for you and as such you should at least try to show some respect.

Flame away but I will not be responding. I just hate comments like these and against my better judgement could not let them pass

Fully agree with you.

Thank you for your answer.

And thank you to all the great devs (particularly Luke and Ebr) for giving us these wondeful programs.

:)  :D

JDizzy

@@Tikuf

Thanks for your reply... I understand where you are coming from.

My only point here is there is such great potiential for MBT and from my view, very little is being done. Granted, I do not follow the commits and I'm sure there is a lot to be read there.

I just read a Tweet on the Home page regarding something new called Fire and the comment 'we'll be looking into it'. That's great! But, on the other hand, what about MBT?

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to come across as a rant... I was just frustrated as everytime I check back here there seem to be new clients, etc and little progress on MBT which is what "I" am interested in.

I do thank Luke and Ebr for the time they put into this project... as I said, just frustrated with development in certain areas.

I know most people don't really have a concept for this but the amount of functionality that has been created across the board by a relatively small group of people in their "spare" time is truly amazing.  

Software companies with teams of dedicated developers can't crank out functionality like the team here.  I am constantly in awe of the effort and results.

• Like 6

SikSlayer

It's constantly amazed me that most projects I've followed across the years are usually a 'side' thing they're doing, but they become as popular as 'professional' things.

But then, it all makes sense that it's because if it's being made during your spare time, it'd better be something you have interest to be working on.

• Like 1

Ernst

Geezz guys, I was juust asking for the possibility of a change log :wacko:

I have no issues with the development, as I fully understand lot's is going on and appreciate every effort being taken.

That said, seeing what my request started, makes me almost regret asking for it.

Please accept my thanks for all the good work already done.

Koleckai Silvestri

As mentioned above, I just use the github project page. You have to look at both the issues and commits page. Github doesn't seem to generate proper change logs like JIRA does.

Ernst

Thx Wayne, I realise the github project page is showing what work is (being) done.

It's probably me, but I find it difficult to read, that's why I asked.

Also I inteded this only for the beta releases and not all the dev ones.