Theme music not playing in Collections

StingerMeGood

StingerMeGood

Hi All,

Looking for some assistance.

I have always manually created my boxsets (refer below layout), placing the theme.mp3 in the root folder, and viewed them in Emby Classic using Legacy Folder View.

Toy Story Collection\

Toy Story (1995)\

Toy Story (1995).MKV

folder.jpg

backdrop.jpg

etc.

Toy Story 2 (1999)\

Toy Story 2 (1999).MKV

folder.jpg

backdrop.jpg

etc.

Toy Story 3 (2010)\

Toy Story 3 (2010).MKV

folder.jpg

backdrop.jpg

etc.

folder.jpg

backdrop.jpg

etc.

theme.MP3

This setup has, and still is working fine. The issue I am having is with Emby created collections.

I have recently started to convert my manual collections to Emby collection. Everything is working great visually except I am unable to get the theme.mp3 to play when i enter the collection, like it does for the legacy folder view.

I have placed the theme.mp3 file in the Toy Story Collection [boxset] folder created by Emby when i grouped the movies into the collection.

I have also tried placing the file into a sub folder theme-music\song1.mp3 but this didn't work.

The theme song will play when entering a collection from the Web Client, but will not play from within Emby Classic.

Within the Emby Classic configuration, I have Legacy View enabled, as well as Collapse Movies into Collections. I have also enabled Active Backgrounds.

With these settings I am able to see both types of collections without issue. I can hear the theme.mp3 play when i enter a folder view collection, but it will not play when i enter an Emby collection.

I tried disabling the Legacy Folder View just in case that was causing interference, but this did not work.

Hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. It's the only thing stopping me from converting all of my collections over to Emby Collections.

Cheers.

I'm not sure why it would be different in this app but I also don't think we've ever officially supported theme songs in collections...

StingerMeGood

Hi ebr,

Appreciate the quick reply.

Unfortunate that it works in the web interface, and not in Emby Classic.

Is this something could be implemented at all?

I would be happy to wait if this is something that could be looked at. If not, I'm going to have to revert back to manual collections, unfortunately.