Android TV Red line at bottom of screen while I’m playing h264 content

Chipsta040365

Chipsta040365

Hello all I have a Sony Bravia 4K that i loaded the android version of emby from the google play store

Most movies play fine but I noticed recently h264 content has a colored line at bottom

Almost as if the video is overlapped and scrunched at bottompost-150362-15283122390147_thumb.jpgd94473240976641bd1c3c4b08e5f86a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi.  Never seen that before but looks like maybe some sort of transcoding artifact.  How is the item playing?

Is an ffmpeg log produced on the server?

How to Report a Problem

Chipsta040365

Here are some clearer picture of the issue

Strangely enough if i change from emby player to VLC player(external pl;ayer option) it plays fine thru emby

possibly an update needed in the google play store?

5b193625d8646_IMG_0398.jpg5b1936320df15_IMG_0397.jpg

5b1935eba6ae9_IMG_0400.jpg5b1935f9ee10a_IMG_0399.jpg

• 1 month later...
Mobius

Interesting. I also have a Sony Bravia 4k and get a 'flickering' line at the bottom. Seems to be the same but not red. Basically white and most noticeable during dark scenes.

Does not happen on all video and is only present on those that do not play full screen. Rather annoying when it happens.

Edit:

Sorry, should have mentioned that if I switch to a Windows 10 PC and watch the same video using Emby Theatre; the issue is not present.

Edited by Mobius

• 2 weeks later...
Mobius

Seems a few owners of various Sony Android TV's on a Plex forum are seeing the same white flickering as myself and similar to Chipsta040365 screenshots.

A short video example from that forum here: https://forums.plex.tv/t/playback-issue-sony-bravia-930e-flashing-artifacts-at-bottom-of-screen/230819/5

Judging from tests done one poster here: https://forums.plex.tv/t/playback-issue-sony-bravia-930e-flashing-artifacts-at-bottom-of-screen/230819/14; and the issues from other posters it does seems to have something to do with Plex and the overall buggy nature of Android TV.

One poster states that the issues went away after a Plex server update.

Models apparantly affected that are mentioned on the Plex forum are:

Sony 49XF9005
Sony KD-65A1
Sony XE93
Sony 900F
Sony 930E
Sony Z9D/ZD9

Has me wondering though; if there isn't something with the Emby server that could be tweaked to remove the issue.

Would like to know it others with Sony Android TV's running Emby are experiencing something similar.

Chipsta040365

Seems a few owners of various Sony Android TV's on a Plex forum are seeing the same white flickering as myself and similar to Chipsta040365 screenshots.

A short video example from that forum here: https://forums.plex.tv/t/playback-issue-sony-bravia-930e-flashing-artifacts-at-bottom-of-screen/230819/5

Judging from tests done one poster here: https://forums.plex.tv/t/playback-issue-sony-bravia-930e-flashing-artifacts-at-bottom-of-screen/230819/14; and the issues from other posters it does seems to have something to do with Plex and the overall buggy nature of Android TV.

One poster states that the issues went away after a Plex server update.

Models apparantly affected that are mentioned on the Plex forum are:

Sony 49XF9005

Sony KD-65A1

Sony XE93

Sony 900F

Sony 930E

Sony Z9D/ZD9

Has me wondering though; if there isn't something with the Emby server that could be tweaked to remove the issue.

Would like to know it others with Sony Android TV's running Emby are experiencing something similar.

Awesome find with Plex forums

As a work around I downloaded and set my video player to VLC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
Thunderspell

Hi, i need help, I just bought a Sony 4k 55X905F TV. and i having the same issue with playing 1080p videos through plex and emby that same exact line just at the bottom edge of the movie and the black strip.
i tried to run the same exact video through the native video app on the TV not through the Mediacenter (emby, Plex)  app and it works just fine, all my 4K Movies as well.

so what i think and i also might be wrong there, That there is something wrong with the mediacenter transcoding for 1080p videos (i tried hardware acceleration option but it didn't work).
I am just looking for a workaround and help from Emby Developers on that particular issue which i saw many users around the internet been experiencing the same Issue.

If you need more details about the issue please let me know