Download and sync multiple audio (and maybe subtitle) tracks

siracacl

siracacl

Hi there,

a request for Emby Server.

I have been using Download and Sync very much lately to minimize transcoding, the only thing I don't seem to find is an option to convert the movie/episode with multiple audio tracks and keeping their metadata so one can select the transcoded version and different languages within the transcoded version. This feature would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 2

Hi, yes this is a good idea. In the future we plan to put options to control the tracks right in the sync dialog. Thanks.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
Mibok

Any news on this? Could be very useful for Cloud Sync to be able to select which Audio and subtitle tracks will be transcoded (or copied) at the moment of Sync or Convert.

In the 4.1.1 release the server now preserves all audio tracks when converting or syncing.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
RedSolos

Hello, Any news about the the sync with subtitle ? , i will be cool if the srt go with the files when we sync :) even with the original size :)

Hello, Any news about the the sync with subtitle ? , i will be cool if the srt go with the files when we sync :) even with the original size :)

Hi, what are you syncing to?

• 10 months later...
SuperMinecraftKid

Just noticed the audio tracks are preserved when converting. Thank you, this is fantastic!!! Will this be possible with the subtitle tracks as well in the future?

12 minutes ago, SuperMinecraftKid said:

Just noticed the audio tracks are preserved when converting. Thank you, this is fantastic!!! Will this be possible with the subtitle tracks as well in the future?

Thanks for the feedback. Subtitles are a little trickier because sometimes they have to be burned into the video before downloading, and that means you can only pick one of them. But with devices being able to handle more formats now, we might be able to at least do this some of the time.