Movies vs Shows library load times

mgworek

mgworek

There is a big difference in behavior and load times when loading Movies and Shows and just wondering why.

Both libraries, I used the Unplayed filter.

Movies (1967 movies) , loads right up and I can continue scrolling down through the movies. It can take a second for poster art to appear sometimes but its a continuous scroll, I don't have to stop and wait.

Shows (403 Shows). This is my only gripe with the app. When using the unwatched, it takes awhile to load up then when using the unwatched filter, I can only go through 1/3 of the library then have to wait for a few seconds, then I can go through another 1/3 and wait again.

Why doesn't Shows continuous scroll like Movies. It seems like Shows are pre-caching all of the 1/3 posters while Movies just loads and scrolls and quickly catches up with the posters if needed.

Thanks

Edited by mgworek

corey
Why doesn't Shows continuous scroll like Movies. It seems like Shows are pre-caching all of the 1/3 posters while Movies just loads and scrolls and quickly catches up with the posters if needed.

As you can expect with the Emby tvOS app being available on Apple TV for nearly three years now the technologies available to us developers have changed over that period, giving us new and better ways to provide a great user experience. Unfortunately those new ways often mean we have to reach back into old code and update it to get these performance benefits.

Over time we will be bringing these benefits to the entire application but we started with the Movies library which as you've seen performs much better than the other libraries.

We appreciate your feedback @@mgworek and hope that you can remain patient as we continue to update the app and prioritize these improvements with the other features we want to bring.

• Like 1

mgworek

Over time we will be bringing these benefits to the entire application but we started with the Movies library which as you've seen performs much better than the other libraries.

That's all I needed to hear! I watch Movies one or twice a month but use Shows every day so I don't scroll through movies enough to know if the way movies works now was new or not. Glad to hear that it will be coming to other area's. 

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Edited by mgworek
  • Like 1