New EMBY Account Link Request

jordy

jordy

Hi folks,

Twice now I've received an email requesting approval to link my Emby account to "fullfilmespro". I've no idea who it is and as far as I know have not generated it myself.  Anyone else seen this?

Edited by jordy

jordy

@@Luke, is there any way in which I can manage the accounts linked to my Emby Server?

jordy

As in the "Users" page?

On reviewing my Emby Account access requests, it appears that I have accepted some I probably shouldn't have - probably half asleep at the time. However, I don't see them listed under Users. If I should be looking elsewhere please point me to the correct page.

thanks

It just means you can access someone else's server now, not the other way around.

jordy

OK. So just to be clear, Can someone else send me a request for permission to access my server or does it have to be generated by me by adding a "new user"? I'm not sure...

jordy

So, does this mean that I can access his serve or that he can access mine?5b160df1ac5f8_depaularr.jpg

jordy

No it's not my servers name.

So this means that someone else with the emby username "depaular" sent me an invite to access his server. Very strange as I don't know him. That's why I'm asking these questions. I just want to be sure I understand whats going on here.

EDIT: It does say that depaular has accepted YOUR (meaning originating from me) INVITATION to access the server ADMIN. My servers name is JORDY2. Sorry but it's not making too much sense to me.

Edited by jordy

That email means they accepted YOUR sharing request.

I don't see how it would be possible for that to go to the wrong person but, if you don't see a user on your server connected to that user ID then it should be safe.

Happy2Play

5b167f970e7a4_post1960902601001528166192

This means someone entered Jordy into their "Emby Connect username or email address:" field and their server name is fullfilmepro. And yes this would allow you to access their server. So if you accept the invitation you can log into that server with your forum credentials.

So, does this mean that I can access his serve or that he can access mine?5b160df1ac5f8_depaularr.jpg

Yes this says user depaular accepted access to a server named ADMIN.

So the question would be why is your email address receiving these? I can understand the first one as a user mistake, but not the second one as that is not your servername?

Edited by Happy2Play
removed email address

jordy

5b167f970e7a4_post1960902601001528166192

This meDeleteans someone entered Jordy into their "Emby Connect username or email address:" field and their server name is fullfilmepro. And yes this would allow you to access their server. So if you accept the invitation you can log into that server with your forum credentials.

Yes this says user depaular accepted access to a server named ADMIN.

So the question would be why is your email address receiving these? I can understand the first one as a user mistake, but not the second one as that is not your servername?

@@Happy2Play, yes that is exactly what is bothering me, it's not even close to my server name and I don't know who depaular is. On checking, he's a new forum member as of late last year. I've pm'd him to see if he might have initiated something somehow. It's all a little weird... All I know is that it wasn't me !

@@ebr, is there a way of seeing who initiated this request? surely there would be some sort of record somewhere.

Can you forward the actual email to me (ebr at emby dot media)?

I think the only thing that happened here was the email got to you somehow but I don't know how if it wasn't your request.

The fact that isn't your server name is a good thing.  That confirms no link was made to  your server (you would see this in your user list anyway though).

• 4 months later...

First of all I apologize for my English.

Strange things happening:

I received many e-mails requesting approval to connect my Emby account ("...This account has been requested to link to the server ... Please confirm this action by clicking the link below:...")... and ok, i ignore it. But... I received invited to share someone's media collection. After a few minutes I received an email: "Your sharing request has been accepted". I did not click or confirm anything!

- Yesterday someone tried to reset the password of my Emby Community user account. Until now, I have not used this account, I do not even remember when I made it. I bought a Emby Premiere for my current Emby server on this email address.

- I do not use Emby Connect, or I do not know anything about it. My server is only on the local network.

First of all I apologize for my English.

Strange things happening:

I received many e-mails requesting approval to connect my Emby account ("...This account has been requested to link to the server ... Please confirm this action by clicking the link below:...")... and ok, i ignore it. But... I received invited to share someone's media collection. After a few minutes I received an email: "Your sharing request has been accepted". I did not click or confirm anything!

- Yesterday someone tried to reset the password of my Emby Community user account. Until now, I have not used this account, I do not even remember when I made it. I bought a Emby Premiere for my current Emby server on this email address.

- I do not use Emby Connect, or I do not know anything about it. My server is only on the local network.

Hi.  It sounds like someone is just confused on their user name and thinks it is yours (Vip).  Ignoring those notifications is the right thing to do.  If your server isn't accessible from the internet then you are for sure okay.

Thanks.

Ok, but how is it possible that I received an email: "Your sharing request has been accepted" - delivered to my email address?

I think, again due to the simple user name.  The name of the server wasn't yours correct?

Rest assured all that happened was that email went to the wrong address.  We are currently re-designing things so that this should no longer be able to happen.

Thanks.