Real time monitoring

stefan1983

stefan1983

Hi everyone,

I got a question - currently with every install of Emby there is a task to scan the libraries every 12 hours. In each library setting there is also the possibility to activate "real time monitoring".

Is it wise to activate this?

What are the ups and downs?

Why isn't it activated at default (performance issues?)?

I'm looking for a way to have Emby detect new files (Movies, TV Shows and Music) as soon as possible and not to have an update somewhere in between of every 12 hours. For example if I put some new music to my NAS I would have to manually hit the "sync"-button every time to have it appear ----- that is not quite useful ;)

The other way would probably be to reduce the 12 hour syncing to a couple of minutes, right?

Or is there any other option?

How do you use it?

Thanks

Stefan

PS: I am running Emby on a Debian 9 system

Edited by stefan1983

Happy2Play

Hi everyone,

I got a question - currently with every install of Emby there is a task to scan the libraries every 12 hours. In each library setting there is also the possibility to activate "real time monitoring".

Is it wise to activate this?

What are the ups and downs?

Why isn't it activated at default (performance issues?)?

I'm looking for a way to have Emby detect new files (Movies, TV Shows and Music) as soon as possible and not to have an update somewhere in between of every 12 hours. For example if I put some new music to my NAS I would have to manually hit the "sync"-button every time to have it appear ----- that is not quite useful ;)

The other way would probably be to reduce the 12 hour syncing to a couple of minutes, right?

Or is there any other option?

How do you use it?

Thanks

Stefan

PS: I am running Emby on a Debian 9 system

1. yes if your OS supports it

2. media is available when RTM see the new media instead of waiting for schedule library scan.

3. not all OS environments support the feature.

I don't know which OSs fully support this feature.

Hi, you can enable this by clicking on a library in Emby library setup, and then checking the option to enable the realtime monitor for that individual library.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• 3 months later...