Subtitles in Emby for WMC

WhackOBill

WhackOBill

Is there a tutorial somewhere on the best way to turn subtitles on and off during play or when starting play under the Emby for WMC client?  This is super easy under the other clients like Emby Theater or Emby for Firestick.  I was just thinking that there would be a small control on the player controls to pop the language list for subtitles when they exist and allow one to select a subtitle stream to play ... like the other clients.

To me, this is the only thing missing from this client that I would use often.

I know, why am I still using WMC.  I'm still using PlayReady to record cable shows over a Ceton tuner.  I'm not sure that the other tuners are ready for direct Emby DVR functionality yet ... I guess I should go read up on that now as the day is coming that I have to give up on WMC and my Win7 box.

Unfortunately we're limited by the capabilities of windows media center so there isn't' an easy way to do this.

You have to install an old third party addon for WMC that I think was called "media control". For the best experience with this you'll want to use Emby Theater. Thanks.

sleepy

Use an external player i.e. MPC-BE, then you can control subtitles very easily. One setup you won't even really notice you are using an external player it's so smooth in transitions!