Auto Box Sets

Fabrice1973

I'm coming to a solution.

Ember Media Manager generated the ids in the NFO:

<id> tt1663662 </ id>

<tmdb> 68726 </ tmdb>

But Emby did not read the TMDB id, only from IMDB.

By placing the TMDB id manually, the collection appeared.

5bd0ff81e10ac_colletionsworks.png

Which tag does Emby read to id from TMDB?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
edseitzinger

Is there a way to manually add a movie to the collections?? ie I have the Alien set of movie including AVP and it does not include that in the collection and would liketo have it added even if its manual.. 

NVM figured it out

Edited by edseitzinger

zetatec

Is there a way to manually add a movie to the collections?? ie I have the Alien set of movie including AVP and it does not include that in the collection and would liketo have it added even if its manual.. 

NVM figured it out

Automatic:

Edit the library -> Make the metadata download settings the best way for you.

In Metadata Writers:
Enable NFO

Scan the entire library.

Manual:

Edit the movie's metadata -> External Ids:

TheMovieDb Collection Id:

Get the collection ID from TMDB.

ID is 3167

Save

• 3 weeks later...
seriosbrad

I began to create a Studio Ghibli collection on TMDB, until I read their guidelines.  Collections can only contain true sequels.

So, as a feature request, perhaps add support TMDB's "lists"?

I began to create a Studio Ghibli collection on TMDB, until I read their guidelines.  Collections can only contain true sequels.

So, as a feature request, perhaps add support TMDB's "lists"?

Interesting, didn't know about those guidelines. Yes lists are possible for the future. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
CarlosLima

Hi,
Taking advantage of this topic already created, because it is the same plugin.
This plugin is very useful, it is quick to create the collections and I am using it.
However, there are some problems with it, at least in my tests I was unable to solve.
1 - It creates duplicity in some collections. Of my 121 collections, he created 27 duplicates and I had to delete them one by one. No problem with that.
2 - I realized that it does not allow configurations, as the image only displays the field for the minimum number of films that it must consider to create the collection.
3 - For me, who use titles in Portuguese, I had to edit most of the collections, which is also simple, as I have just over 100 collections.
4 - The problem is in the only button he has, to reset the collections and recreate them.
5 - This loses all the work of excluding duplicates and editing titles (images too).
So I thought that the developer could add a new button to add only the new items, that is, new films that come from existing collections and also new collections themselves. This would be an Incremental update button, where all current data would be saved.
Suggestions, as the plugin is indeed very useful.

download.png

9 hours ago, CarlosLima said:

new films that come from existing collections and also new collections themselves.

Hi.  The plug-in already does that automatically during every library scan.

• Like 1

CarlosLima

Hi,
Thanks for your answer.
So this is fantastic and I was unaware of the automatic task performed when updating the libraries. If he does it incrementally (just new movie items and creating new collections) then it’s perfect.
I do not allow Emby to do automatic periodic scans because some of the things I edited, Emby overlaps and I have to redo it, but considering your information, I will be forced to allow this and I will schedule Emby to do the tracking every 30 days general.
In this case, the button I mentioned (to update collections manually) would still be useful, at least for users like me, who prefer to have everything controlled manually.

rbjtech

22 hours ago, CarlosLima said:

Emby overlaps and I have to redo it....

Does 'locking' the metadata in the metadata editor not protect your changes from being overwritten ?