mutosan

mutosan

thats pretty rich arguing in this way considering you came out of open source and also wasted your time for a dead mobile os. which was known from beginning. even with Nokia as partner everyone in the scene knew it will be dead in a few years. but its okay ill look around with what i can replace emby with. I am sick of hearing all these years now the same stupid arguments. Especially as this is my second request and you had enough time to get into it.

The old windows phone app that you're referring to was actually built by a community developer, not us. For what it's worth, I agree and that's why we never spent much time on it ourselves. The only reason we have a windows phone app right now is because it's part of the windows 10 unified app architecture.

I'm not declining your request, I am only say that there is only so much developer time available so we often have to prioritize based on the size of the audience.

mutosan

I never said you declining anything. The past few days I read allot about emby and where it might go. And one point is much worse than not having a proper app (and yes the last 2 years the quality of the app went from very good to under

middle good. Even on Android it is not usable for devices which are not that powerfull. But the worst thing is, that you are selling Lifetime accounts, which arent Lifetime anymore. I get older than 24month and as I paid before you printed that I

will sue emby if they not giving me updates until I die.

tdiguy

Now i do not represent emby in any manner but i am most curious about this latest statement.

So you have a phone which at best is part of a collection of aftermarket operating systems ( from what i read jolla does not actually come installed on any phone its purely 3rd party ) which makes up about 5% - 7% market share for all mobile devices. You bought a lifetime subscription and you are now upset and demand an app with updates until the day you die and anything less you will sue the app maker which is actually a team comprising of both paid and volunteer forces? Am i correct in this assessment?

you are selling Lifetime accounts, which arent Lifetime anymore. I get older than 24month and as I paid before you printed that I

will sue emby if they not giving me updates until I die.

Perhaps you were reading very old posts but our Lifetime subs are valid for the life of the product.  There is no 24 month restriction on anything.  However, that does not mean that we promise to provide you updates until the end of your life.  I'm afraid no company can reasonably promise that (what if we die first? :)).

• Like 1

tdiguy

Like my lifetime subscription to lord of the rings online mmo. Kinda miss that game

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

mutosan

Perhaps you were reading very old posts but our Lifetime subs are valid for the life of the product.  There is no 24 month restriction on anything.  However, that does not mean that we promise to provide you updates until the end of your life.  I'm afraid no company can reasonably promise that (what if we die first? :)).

When I bought them this WAS NOT the case. This has been changed after I bought them. So NO lifetime is lifetime and not 2 years.

mutosan

what the actual hell is going on here?

whats going on. I am pissed because of the bad management and the lies emby makes. I still own a plex lifetime account, which is lifetime acctually and even the app is working almost flawless. Not like the one from emby. I am pissed because for every f..... new product emby programms right away but for something which is now years on the market they have not found ANY time to produce a native app. Honestly speaking, neither has Plex and all the time you get: there arent enough users. I have not paid for the software to hear all the time these excuses.

Animosity022

Way back when I first signed up, I read the lifetime and how they implemented and while it was a poor choice for a name, it was very clear on how it operated.

Since then, they changed it to remove the restriction and it's lifetime. 

The team here is extremely responsive to everything that comes in and I'm impressed with their honesty on issues and how quickly they respond.

Prior to seeing this thread posted in Linux, I've never heard of Jolla.

As a paid user, I'd like like Emby to spend zero time on Sailfish/Jolla and really focus on the platforms that have market share such as Android/IOS/ATV.

• Like 2