Can't login to Emby Theatre

blei

Edit: I just learned that my Emby username is different from my Emby server's user. So I just had to use the "Name" from my server's user + provide it with a password.

This post can be closed.

Hello,

I have recently installed Emby and at first, I was able to login via Emby Theatre. But after logging out and trying to log back in, it seems to say my credentials are incorrect. To be sure, I've logged out through the web and even in this forum and used the same password (literally copied and pasted) and I was able to get in. So I'm not too sure what's wrong now. I've even tried restarting Emby Theatre and the server to no avail.

Here's the server logs of when I try to log  in via Emby Theatre:

2018-06-04 04:15:43.578 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://192.168.1.128:8096/emby/Users/authenticatebyname. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) EmbyTheater/3.0.1 Chrome/61.0.3163.100 Electron/2.0.0 Safari/537.36
2018-06-04 04:15:43.579 Error UserManager: Error authenticating with provider Default
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 3.4.1.0
        Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
        Operating system: Unix 3.10.0.693
        64-Bit OS: True
        64-Bit Process: True
        User Interactive: True
        Processor count: 4
        Program data path: /config
        Application directory: /system
        System.Exception: Invalid username or password
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.DefaultAuthenticationProvider.Authenticate(String username, String password, User resolvedUser)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager.<AuthenticateWithProvider>d__58.MoveNext()
        System.Exception
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.DefaultAuthenticationProvider.Authenticate(String username, String password, User resolvedUser)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager.<AuthenticateWithProvider>d__58.MoveNext()

2018-06-04 04:15:43.580 Error HttpServer: Invalid username or password entered.
2018-06-04 04:15:43.585 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 401 to 192.168.1.67. Time: 7ms. http://192.168.1.128:8096/emby/Users/authenticatebyname
2018-06-04 04:15:43.728 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.1.128:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks?IsEnabled=true. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/66.0.3359.181 Safari/537.36
2018-06-04 04:15:43.730 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.1.67. Time: 2ms. http://192.168.1.128:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks?IsEnabled=true
Edited by blei

• 7 months later...
Fiadorin

So I can access Emby theater by the web browser and this perfectly fine without issues but when I log into the app (theater) I can't seem to log in with the same details, I just get an error.

I've had friends try too and they have the same issue with my account, any way I can fix this? Thanks

Fiadorin

Hi there, please update to the latest version of Emby Server. Thanks.

Hi, from what I understand I'm on the latest version.

Thanks

Fiadorin

So that is the local server login. Are you making sure to sign in with local server credentials?

Are you sure the credentials are not the same as this? It's the same for my friends account for example

Local server credentials and Emby Connect are two different things. Did you not know that? Who is the owner of the Emby Server, is it you?

Fiadorin

Hi Luke.

I understand there is a local server but I'm not trying to access the local one. It's for Baconfeet, I just don't understand how I can access it via my credentials on the media page but not via the app but with my friends account on baconfeet I can.

Is there something I should be doing with my account first?

Thanks

Ok, I'm pretty sure you need to be using the Emby Connect login and not the local server login. When baconfeet granted you access to his server, did that involve an email invitation?

Fiadorin

Ok, I'm pretty sure you need to be using the Emby Connect login and not the local server login. When baconfeet granted you access to his server, did that involve an email invitation?

The log-in details should be the same as this forum right and https://app.emby.media/ for example?

The email states [hopefully they don't mind me casually sharing this

But yeah, I've tried logging in with the same details as I use on this forum and I just can't log into the app but the web version works without issues. I've reset my passwords and still the same issue.

Thanks

Useful links and information for BaconFeet service
https://app.emby.media - Login to Emby systemYour direct server will be emby#.baconfeet.xyz (port 443 / HTTPS)# = which server you're currently on (eg. emby1.baconfeet.xyz)
This information is also listed in your client service details. We have a limit of 2 concurrent streams per ACCOUNT (we don't track IPs), our monitoring system will notify admins if past this. IP location is not important to us and server logs are removed every 3 days to prevent abuseAll content requests are done requests.baconfeet.xyz so please if there isn't something on the server you'd like.There are some occasions that the request server hasn't synced your account from the Emby server denying access. You can put in a ticket with your request in the meantime. Login via your Emby connect username and password
There is a limit of 10 movies and 50 episode requests per week
Movie requests are processed automatically, (can take 1hr to 6hrs). Series requests are manually processed about once a week.
Please note that if you're using Kodi to access BaconFeet, Emby requires caching of the server. Given the amount of content this will take anywhere from 1 hour to 3-4 hours. 
This is a one time sync and won't be required again after first loadup.
We recommend the EmbyCon plugin for compatiblity with our massive library.
IF your account goes SUSPENDED for unpaid invoice at a later date your Emby account will be deleted. Favorites will be gone if you decide to resubscribe at a later time.

Fiadorin

I've also contacted Baconfeet multiple times to see if they have any ideas but this issue is apparently being reported for the first time and thinks it's on your end

Thanks

Fiadorin

We'd have to see a server log to provide  more information. Thanks.

How would I go about providing this? Would I need it from Baconfeet or is it something I can provide from my end?

Thanks

Edit:

2019-02-03 16:45:14.448 Info Main: Application path: C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\Emby.Theater.exe
2019-02-03 16:45:14.449 Info Main: Emby
	Command line: C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\Emby.Theater.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.17763.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: False
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater
	Application directory: C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system
2019-02-03 16:45:14.477 Info Main: C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\x64\electron\electron.exe "C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\electronapp" "C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\data\electron" "C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\cec\cec-client.x64.exe" "C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\x64\mpv\mpv.exe"
2019-02-03 16:45:16.838 Info App: Application version: 3.0.6.0
2019-02-03 16:45:16.861 Info App: Application configuration:
	{"EnableDebugLevelLogging":false,"EnableAutoUpdate":true,"LogFileRetentionDays":3,"RunAtStartup":false,"IsStartupWizardCompleted":false}
2019-02-03 16:45:16.863 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Model, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2019-02-03 16:45:16.863 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Common, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2019-02-03 16:45:16.863 Info App: Loading Emby.Theater, Version=3.0.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2019-02-03 16:45:16.897 Info Main: HDMI CEC driver installation was previously cancelled.
2019-02-03 16:45:16.966 Info App: Core startup complete
2019-02-03 16:45:19.964 Info TaskManager: StartupTrigger fired for task: Check for application updates
2019-02-03 16:45:19.964 Info TaskManager: Queueing task SystemUpdateTask
2019-02-03 16:45:19.967 Info TaskManager: Executing Check for application updates
2019-02-03 16:45:19.982 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://api.github.com/repos/MediaBrowser/Emby.Theater.Windows/releases
2019-02-03 16:45:21.040 Info TaskManager: Check for application updates Completed after 0 minute(s) and 1 seconds
2019-02-03 16:45:21.052 Info TaskManager: ExecuteQueuedTasks

Edited by Fiadorin

Fiadorin

Okay issue has been fixed.

When I originally tried using Emby / Baconfeet I had logged into a friends account who used a different server # e.g he was on 9 and I was on 5.

This had set the server number down in the configuration file down wrongly and caused an invalid login, I had removed emby from my system and re-installed it previously but this clearly didn't remove everything.

The fix: I removed my roaming folder and re-installed the program, issue fixed.

Thanks Luke, Baconfeet and my mate lol

• Like 1