Emby Server for Western Digital NAS

Luke

At first the "working indicator" is turnig around longer times. After refreshing the browser or the app the connection to the server is broken.

Shuting off and on in the App-Section of the NAS the server was still working

bkh

aNiclas

Since this post seems to contain similar error message and is also running on a NAS-device i decided to put my log up here. Installed Emby for the first time yesterday (after support this great project) and went straight for the x64 beta well aware that Beta usually is fairly unsupported and likely contain a fair amount of bugs ;)

Anyway, enabled debugging and dumped the logs before installing the 3.5 non-beta versjon now...

After the server has been running for a little while it stops/crashes... While its up it will play movies and stuff, but some time later (without being used) it crashes - possibly some background tasks related to the library. Anyway, my contribution to helping along with the beta testing is attatched

Log.txt

Edited by aNiclas

It's due to the audiodb music provider. This will continue to happen in the beta channel for now. The stable channel has a workaround for this already, but you may need to remove and re-add your music library to clear out any existing saved audiodb urls.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
tafelpoowt

I'm unable to install plugins... tested both stable and beta.

It says 'Plugin install successfully right away' but the alerts section on the dashboard says they all failed.

https://hastebin.com/eqibaviren.js

Does any else see this too?

Edit: nevermind, embydata.com is blocked by local firewall.

Edited by tafelpoowt

• 1 month later...
Françoise

Seems to me that hardware acceleration was fine in first betas, and is broken in later betas.

In first betas, vaapi was displayed with path. Accessing the transcode interface through the Android app the Va api path is empty.

Access the transcode inerface through the web; only the exynos option is available under the advanced setting. Which shouldn't be supported on pr2100. quicksync and vaapi should be supported.

Is it possible to revert from latest beta to earlier beta or latest stable, without breaking stuff?

Hi, no it's not possible to revert to older betas. Please continue to test the new betas as they come. Thanks !

Françoise

Uninstalled emby. Restarted the server and installed latest beta. I was surprised to see that all of the settings were still there.

While all of the configuration seems to be unafffected, there are now vaapi options under the advanced setting in transcoding. There is no option for QuickSync. That might be on purpose of vaapi is better.

It is now transcoding hevc to h264, for a Chromecast 2. It states a low bit rate of 3 Mbps, but for some reason playback is jerky.

Uninstalled emby. Restarted the server and installed latest beta. I was surprised to see that all of the settings were still there.

While all of the configuration seems to be unafffected, there are now vaapi options under the advanced setting in transcoding. There is no option for QuickSync. That might be on purpose of vaapi is better.

It is now transcoding hevc to h264, for a Chromecast 2. It states a low bit rate of 3 Mbps, but for some reason playback is jerky.

If there is a problem then please make sure to see how to report a media playback issue. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
iNSPiREDS

First and foremost, thank you for all the work involved in making this happen.

Just learned about Emby yesterday and was looking to install it on my Western Digital My Cloud 4TB Personal (WDBCTL0040HWT)

Looking at the list of compatible devices, it doesn't seem mine is supported yet. Is any of those likely to be compatible or are there any plans for supporting other WD devices in the future?

Thanks.

Hi, yes unforutnately the WD packages have to be built specifically for each device. We can look at supporting this model in the future. Thanks !

• Like 1

iNSPiREDS

Hi, yes unforutnately the WD packages have to be built specifically for each device. We can look at supporting this model in the future. Thanks !

Thank you for all your work. Is it quite time consuming to develop it for a new device, just generally speaking?

Yes, but even more so for Western Digital than other devices but it is a separate package per device. It's different from Asustor for example, where we can use one package for all of them.