• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#221 Filmfan1 OFFLINE  

Filmfan1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 04:10 PM

Posted 16 March 2019 - 01:40 PM

Hello, desperate to try emby. I have a NAS WD ex2ultra and I am not very technical. My situation is that plex simply does not work for me and am looking for something that does. My router is also twined with a Google wifi mesh system and I cannot get remote access at all and hoping this is a better system. I have just read someone here has done an install of a NAS emby app on the ex2 but can you tell me which one as at the moment there is no specific install for that NAS model? thanks guys

#222 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 129329 posts
  • Local time: 12:10 PM

Posted 16 March 2019 - 01:50 PM

Hello, desperate to try emby. I have a NAS WD ex2ultra and I am not very technical. My situation is that plex simply does not work for me and am looking for something that does. My router is also twined with a Google wifi mesh system and I cannot get remote access at all and hoping this is a better system. I have just read someone here has done an install of a NAS emby app on the ex2 but can you tell me which one as at the moment there is no specific install for that NAS model? thanks guys

https://emby.media/c...of-emby-server/

#223 emby cloud OFFLINE  

emby cloud

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 07:10 PM

Posted 08 May 2019 - 03:50 AM

Yes you cannot write to them when I try and extract the subtitles it cannot write the output srt file... to the folder... even though I have the recordings going to a public folder it still creates them read only.

5b2013deae4e4_Capture.png

#224 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 129329 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 01:58 PM

Why do you feel it creates them read-only?

#225 turnkit OFFLINE  

turnkit

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Local time: 11:10 AM

Posted 13 May 2019 - 01:06 AM

Is there an alpha or beta of Emby for Western Digital PR4100?  Coming from Plex and I stupidly just bought a license assuming there was one already.  (Yeah, I see the bold letters now, 'don't buy unless you already have it installed.)

Is there a current link anywhere?

#226 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 129329 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:27 PM

Is there an alpha or beta of Emby for Western Digital PR4100?  Coming from Plex and I stupidly just bought a license assuming there was one already.  (Yeah, I see the bold letters now, 'don't buy unless you already have it installed.)

Is there a current link anywhere?

HI, yes there is:

https://emby.media/nas-server.html

#227 turnkit OFFLINE  

turnkit

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:44 PM

Thank for you replying.

Sorry, I am not seeing anything about the Western Digital NAS series on that page, only Synology.  I search the terms Western Digitial, PR4100, 4100, etc. but there's nothing on that page.

Am I missing it, or is that a mistake?  Is there some place I can find a download link for Emby for the Western Digital PR4100?

#228 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 129329 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:03 PM

Thank for you replying.

Sorry, I am not seeing anything about the Western Digital NAS series on that page, only Synology.  I search the terms Western Digitial, PR4100, 4100, etc. but there's nothing on that page.

Am I missing it, or is that a mistake?  Is there some place I can find a download link for Emby for the Western Digital PR4100?

Hi, there is a dropdown box at the top. Did you try changing it to Western Digital?

#229 turnkit OFFLINE  

turnkit

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:12 PM

Hi, there is a dropdown box at the top. Did you try changing it to Western Digital?

Oh wow!

I wonder how many others have assumed there is only support for Synology!

Thanks!

p.s. someone who controls that page may want to increase the SEO by adding the terms somewhere or changing the page design a bit.  I did multiple Google searches and still could not find that download page which seems very odd since it does have it's own page to be indexed.  I guess maybe I just had poor luck initially.

#230 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 129329 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:48 PM

Hi, yes we need to improve that page. It is on my to do list. Thanks.

#231 JaysEmby OFFLINE  

JaysEmby

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Local time: 05:10 PM

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:33 PM

Trying to play films on my roku with my pr4100 and they all seem to oddly transcode and stats show it as "unsupported resolution" why is this?

If play through samaung TV app its fine... if use plex on the roku it also direct plays the same files

So not sure why emby is transcoding for on the roku?

#232 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 129329 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:58 PM

Trying to play films on my roku with my pr4100 and they all seem to oddly transcode and stats show it as "unsupported resolution" why is this?
If play through samaung TV app its fine... if use plex on the roku it also direct plays the same files
So not sure why emby is transcoding for on the roku?

Please see how to report a media playback issue:
https://emby.media/c...port-a-problem/
Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users