Emby Server for Western Digital NAS

Luke

Just now, hearingaid said:

Please forgive my inexperience.

I am very new to Emby. I paid for the lifetime premier license.

I am having issues with my files on a western digital my cloud 4tb NAS drive.

When I try to stream 4k files within my home network (direct stream), all network is wired and completely gigabit,  the video is choppy. I then notice that my WD NAS slows down to the point that it is almost completely inaccessible through the web interface.

Is this a known issue with these first gen WD my cloud NAS drives or do I need to make changes to the setup either on the windows 10 Emby server or on the WD web interface?

I also have a Asustor 304t NAS. before I go and invest in a good set of 4 6tb WD red drives, I would like to know if anyone has had good results using this type of NAS as the file storage for windows 10 Emby server?

Please someone help and please remember that I am very new and am still struggling with a lot of the terminologies.

Thanks

Hi there @hearingaid, let's look at an example. We're happy to help. Please see how to report a media playback issue. Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
patolaba

nyplayer, Hi how did you install the Emby server on mycloudex2 ultra, if i use emby_MyCloud_4.4.3.0-11.bin  i get the message 1, if i try to install the emby_EX2Ultra_4.4.3.0-11.bin  i get message 2, i already have ssh active in win 10 for the PC and server

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Some announcements for Western Digital NAS users:

We now have packages for 12 different WD NAS models! Eight of these packages are brand new, so if you'd like to try them out and help test, you can participate here:

Additionally, for those waiting on OS 5 support, we now have packages for that as well. You can learn more here:

Thanks !

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
justadude

Hello,

I run a WD Mycloudpr2100 and updated to OS5.

I checked thes forums, found the github link in another thread, but only android apk files.

There where plenty of references to the website download page, so i downloaded:

emby-server-western_digital_pr2100_4.5.4.0_x86_64-1

as well as the beta,

emby-server-western_digital_pr2100_4.6.0.10_x86_64

both give me following error message:

"The app you are trying to install is for My Cloud OS 3 which is not compatible with the My Cloud OS 5. Please check the app version and try again."

when I try a manual install.

What is the progress on this. I would really like to continue using emby as it is excellent, but if you are dropping WD support I will have to look elsewhere.

Thank you

5 hours ago, justadude said:

Hello,

I run a WD Mycloudpr2100 and updated to OS5.

I checked thes forums, found the github link in another thread, but only android apk files.

There where plenty of references to the website download page, so i downloaded:

emby-server-western_digital_pr2100_4.5.4.0_x86_64-1

as well as the beta,

emby-server-western_digital_pr2100_4.6.0.10_x86_64

both give me following error message:

"The app you are trying to install is for My Cloud OS 3 which is not compatible with the My Cloud OS 5. Please check the app version and try again."

when I try a manual install.

What is the progress on this. I would really like to continue using emby as it is excellent, but if you are dropping WD support I will have to look elsewhere.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
PodEvans

new user here.  Just loaded the WD version 5 bin of emby onto the server and it works like a charm!  Thanks for your hard work!  Much appreciated!

1 minute ago, PodEvans said:

new user here.  Just loaded the WD version 5 bin of emby onto the server and it works like a charm!  Thanks for your hard work!  Much appreciated!

Hi, thanks for the feedback !

PodEvans

Sorry.....guess I should have noted that I have the EX2Ultra.  After trying it out for a couple of days now.........it works pretty slick.  I am a long time plex user and was getting tired of the inconsistencies of it.  I have a family of 7, and we will be accessing Emby from Firesticks, Roku's, Apple phones, Android phones, Windows 10 machines, and Chromebooks.   If it turns out to run sufficiently.....I will be giving Emby my money for the long term.  

4 hours ago, PodEvans said:

Sorry.....guess I should have noted that I have the EX2Ultra.  After trying it out for a couple of days now.........it works pretty slick.  I am a long time plex user and was getting tired of the inconsistencies of it.  I have a family of 7, and we will be accessing Emby from Firesticks, Roku's, Apple phones, Android phones, Windows 10 machines, and Chromebooks.   If it turns out to run sufficiently.....I will be giving Emby my money for the long term.  

Hi, thanks for the feedback !

Hello, I'm a new community member and a long-time Emby user.  Thanks for all the hard work put in by the Emby team!

I'm happy to see a package for the WD My Cloud gen 1, however gen 1 doesn't officially allow the installation of apps.  Is there a workaround to install Emby?

• 3 weeks later...

Do this to enable addition of downloaded file from Emby

Chrome browser...Click Developer tools

image.png.b87653a0620ffbb624e974a6405c3844.png

Ensure Console is active

Copy and paste this in then press enter

document.getElementById("apps_function").style.display = "block";
$("#AppsDiag_Manually_Install").remove(); var input = '<input type="file" name="f_apps_file" class="file_input_hidden" id="f_apps_file" onchange="apps_manually_install();">Install an app manually</div>';
$("#manually_install_td").append(input);
APP_INSTALL_FUNCTION=1; APPS_EULA=1; check_app_eula();

You should see this (if pictures are in the correct order)

You will need to do that every time you want to install something

Hope that's OK for you

Andy

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• 4 weeks later...
danlat1415

Please could you update the Western Digital My Cloud (gen 2) to OS5 support?

You have 2 sections in the download section for Western Digital;

-Western Digital

-Western Digital (OS3)

However the link for the My Cloud (gen 2) in both sections links to the same file, not separate OS3 or OS5 files.

Both link to;

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.5.4.0/emby-server-western_digital_my_cloud_gen2_4.5.4.0_armhf.bin

Please could you confirm if you've updated the My Cloud (gen 2) to work with OS5?

Western Digital update the (gen 2) to OS5 in January 2021, so now I'm currently unable to run my Emby Server at the moment, so you help would be greatly appreciated.

7 minutes ago, danlat1415 said:

Please could you update the Western Digital My Cloud (gen 2) to OS5 support?

You have 2 sections in the download section for Western Digital;

-Western Digital

-Western Digital (OS3)

However the link for the My Cloud (gen 2) in both sections links to the same file, not separate OS3 or OS5 files.

Both link to;

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.5.4.0/emby-server-western_digital_my_cloud_gen2_4.5.4.0_armhf.bin

Please could you confirm if you've updated the My Cloud (gen 2) to work with OS5?

Western Digital update the (gen 2) to OS5 in January 2021, so now I'm currently unable to run my Emby Server at the moment, so you help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I see you opened a topic about this, and you will get a response. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
MBSki

@Luke I've got the WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra, but it hasn't updated yet. Should it update automatically? 

18 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

@Luke I've got the WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra, but it hasn't updated yet. Should it update automatically? 

Updates for emby server need to be installed over the top of your installed version.

MBSki
23 minutes ago, Luke said:

Updates for emby server need to be installed over the top of your installed version.

Ok, thanks. So I use the WD interface, click install app manually and select the downloaded bin?

Edited by mbarylski

2 hours ago, mbarylski said:

Ok, thanks. So I use the WD interface, click install app manually and select the downloaded bin?

Yes.

• Thanks 1