Emby Server for Western Digital NAS

Luke

Is there an alpha or beta of Emby for Western Digital PR4100?  Coming from Plex and I stupidly just bought a license assuming there was one already.  (Yeah, I see the bold letters now, 'don't buy unless you already have it installed.)

Is there a current link anywhere?

HI, yes there is:

https://emby.media/nas-server.html

turnkit

Thank for you replying.

Sorry, I am not seeing anything about the Western Digital NAS series on that page, only Synology.  I search the terms Western Digitial, PR4100, 4100, etc. but there's nothing on that page.

Am I missing it, or is that a mistake?  Is there some place I can find a download link for Emby for the Western Digital PR4100?

Thank for you replying.

Sorry, I am not seeing anything about the Western Digital NAS series on that page, only Synology.  I search the terms Western Digitial, PR4100, 4100, etc. but there's nothing on that page.

Am I missing it, or is that a mistake?  Is there some place I can find a download link for Emby for the Western Digital PR4100?

Hi, there is a dropdown box at the top. Did you try changing it to Western Digital?

turnkit

Hi, there is a dropdown box at the top. Did you try changing it to Western Digital?

Oh wow!

I wonder how many others have assumed there is only support for Synology!

Thanks!

p.s. someone who controls that page may want to increase the SEO by adding the terms somewhere or changing the page design a bit.  I did multiple Google searches and still could not find that download page which seems very odd since it does have it's own page to be indexed.  I guess maybe I just had poor luck initially.

Hi, yes we need to improve that page. It is on my to do list. Thanks.

Guest JaysEmby

Trying to play films on my roku with my pr4100 and they all seem to oddly transcode and stats show it as "unsupported resolution" why is this?

If play through samaung TV app its fine... if use plex on the roku it also direct plays the same files

So not sure why emby is transcoding for on the roku?

Trying to play films on my roku with my pr4100 and they all seem to oddly transcode and stats show it as "unsupported resolution" why is this?

If play through samaung TV app its fine... if use plex on the roku it also direct plays the same files

So not sure why emby is transcoding for on the roku?

Please see how to report a media playback issue:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Hello...somebody has an idea about bow to use my cloud home for emby?

Hi, what model number do you have?

• 2 weeks later...
holopiupiu

Hopefully we can support more WD devices in the future. Thanks.

Do you guys have any developing schedule for supporting WD mycloud mirror, or do you have any documents for help me compile emby on my WD NAS then I could install by myself?

Do you guys have any developing schedule for supporting WD mycloud mirror, or do you have any documents for help me compile emby on my WD NAS then I could install by myself?

The best thing for now would be to try this community package:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/70731-mono-version-of-emby-server/

• 2 months later...
darkeagl

Hi all, I am new to the whole sysytem but already have a question. I have a WD my cloud ex2 and I can see you dont have a .bin for this model. Is it possible to compile one with this: https://github.com/WDCommunity/wdpksrc I saw other software for different models getting compiled with that for different models. So I am curious if it would be possible and who could do it and what is needed for it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all, I am new to the whole sysytem but already have a question. I have a WD my cloud ex2 and I can see you dont have a .bin for this model. Is it possible to compile one with this: https://github.com/WDCommunity/wdpksrc I saw other software for different models getting compiled with that for different models. So I am curious if it would be possible and who could do it and what is needed for it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, we don't yet have an official package for this model, but there is a community package here you can try:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/70731-mono-version-of-emby-server/

• 1 month later...
JacquesSullivan

Personally, I am waiting for the new WD MY CLOUD EX2 ULTRA to be officially supported to buy emby premiere. :P 

When can we expect an official package for this NAS ?

(excuse for my bad english, I speak french (Belgium)).

Personally, I am waiting for the new WD MY CLOUD EX2 ULTRA to be officially supported to buy emby premiere. :P

When can we expect an official package for this NAS ?

(excuse for my bad english, I speak french (Belgium)).

I don't have an ETA but it's on our list. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Gronnie

I'll be working for WD soon and will have access to the employee store (awesome prices on drives and NAS, can't wait!!!!)

I think I'm going to migrate from my old 3770k system and 10 4TB Seagate drives that have been spinning 24/7 the last 5 years to something new and energy efficient.

Which 4 bay WD NAS will perform best for Emby and 4 10TB drives?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
blastedllama335

Hello! I've tried to install the mono version on my ex2Ultra. I've installed in this particular order ffmpeg and then mono and then emby.

My installation goes successfully, I start configuring emby and then, when it tries to scan library it blocks.
Literally at 13 or 18 % and doesn't go any further.

Tried multiple time, can someone explain and help me? I'm not very technic but, I'll try to figure out what you tell me to do.

thank in advance

• 4 weeks later...
MEKIPTV
On 6/3/2018 at 7:08 PM, Luke said:

Installation

Download from the Emby website:

https://emby.media/download

hi there,

can you please assist how to install emby server into WD P4100, I'm new with EMBY and i want to joind all my servers 

thank you

kaledi

For me it was just download the installation file.  Open a web browser and log into the PR4100, go to apps and 'install manually'.  You then navigate to where you have downloaded the installation file and go from there.  There will be a configure button once the installation has completed - which is basically a web portal to the server.

• 3 months later...
hearingaid

Please forgive my inexperience.

I am very new to Emby. I paid for the lifetime premier license.

I am having issues with my files on a western digital my cloud 4tb NAS drive.

When I try to stream 4k files within my home network (direct stream), all network is wired and completely gigabit,  the video is choppy. I then notice that my WD NAS slows down to the point that it is almost completely inaccessible through the web interface.

Is this a known issue with these first gen WD my cloud NAS drives or do I need to make changes to the setup either on the windows 10 Emby server or on the WD web interface?

I also have a Asustor 304t NAS. before I go and invest in a good set of 4 6tb WD red drives, I would like to know if anyone has had good results using this type of NAS as the file storage for windows 10 Emby server?

Please someone help and please remember that I am very new and am still struggling with a lot of the terminologies.

Thanks