Emby Server for Western Digital NAS

Luke

nyplayer

@@nyplayer, you have two WD models, right? Are you saying it installs on one but not the other?

Yes but initially when I installed the PR4100 from scratch it failed … so I installed the one provided by tafelpoowt and that worked so then it just updated from the one you provided. the DL2100 does not work with your Package … I am sure that if I install the one provided by tafelpoowt then update with your package it will work.

Edited by nyplayer

tafelpoowt

I've seen issues with corrupted archives in the past. Please try deleting everything in the _install dir.

Also, when installation fails, provide info on the archive size.

Then try manual installation.

cd _install

ls -l module.tar.gz

tar xzf module.tar.gz

mv emby-server ..

cd ../emby-server

sh install.sh .. ..

sh init.sh .

sh start.sh .

nyplayer

I've seen issues with corrupted archives in the past. Please try deleting everything in the _install dir.

Also, when installation fails, provide info on the archive size.

Then try manual installation.

cd _install

ls -l module.tar.gz

tar xzf module.tar.gz

mv emby-server ..

cd ../emby-server

sh install.sh .. ..

sh init.sh .

sh start.sh .

will test today. It failed did manual Install worked but it did not add it to the Installed Apps.

5b1d391a1b349_Capture.png

manualinstall.txt

Edited by nyplayer

tafelpoowt

I've been looking into it... to be honest, I currently have no clue what the root cause is.

The mksapkg tool seems inconsistent in the output it creates, which causes issues for larger packages like this one.

I re-enabled my version at https://tafelpoowt.stackstorage.com/s/X6EdfwJHSFs78GK

Alternatively, use the auto-unpacker version at https://wdcommunity.com (but this requires the entware package too).

nyplayer

I've been looking into it... to be honest, I currently have no clue what the root cause is.

The mksapkg tool seems inconsistent in the output it creates, which causes issues for larger packages like this one.

I re-enabled my version at https://tafelpoowt.stackstorage.com/s/X6EdfwJHSFs78GK

Alternatively, use the auto-unpacker version at https://wdcommunity.com (but this requires the entware package too).

Thanks for all your help much appreciated … I found out that if I install your packages first  it installs correctly then I can continue to update with the packages provided by luke. If I uninstall and just run Luke's packages it fails. So maybe it is a permissions issue.

So for now I have a copy of all your packages in case i ever have to re-install. Thanks

Edited by nyplayer

The install from tafelpoowt worked for me on my DL4100. It hung on the first attempt, but worked fine on the second. After this, the latest version (...13) installed fine for me as well.

tafelpoowt

I'm getting closer to the root cause...

/usr/local/modules/usrsbin/upload_apkg -rembyserver.bin -d -f1 -g1

[/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog][/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/_install]
open file /mnt/HD/HD_a2/.systemfile/upload/embyserver.bin
full_tgz_path=[/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/_install/module.tar.gz]
install_hd_path=[/mnt/HD/HD_a2]
hd_free_size=1894982420 K
file_size=196920 K
bad decrypt
140061973214864:error:06065064:digital envelope routines:EVP_DecryptFinal_ex:bad decrypt:evp_enc.c:516:
[emby-server]
[/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/_install/emby-server/apkg.sign]
[0]
signature failed1 [emby-server]

nyplayer

Is it possible that when you create the recording folders and files etc ... that they are not created as read only. Right now what I do is chmod it using plink before converting to mkv and extracting subtitles.

Edited by nyplayer

Is it possible that when you create the recording folders and files etc ... that they are not created as read only. Right now what I do is chmod it using pklink before converting to mkv and extracting subtitles.

Is there some kind of problem?

nyplayer

Is there some kind of problem?

Yes you cannot write to them when I try and extract the subtitles it cannot write the output srt file... to the folder... even though I have the recordings going to a public folder it still creates them read only.

5b2013deae4e4_Capture.png

Edited by nyplayer

nyplayer

Transcoding observations on PR4100.

I notice that the best hardware acceleration to use is VA API.... cpu usage is half of using any other.

• Like 1

Embyfied

Even a simple rename or move fails ... I like to move certain recordings to other folders.

5b20176d78679_Capture.png

I've also had "troubles" trying to manage things on my DL4100 through Windows 10. I think you know more about this stuff than I, but I recently found a little program called muCommander that let's me NFS into the DL4100 and has been excellent at letting me clean up things left behind by "root" and "nobody" and various other things that I couldn't get to via Explorer.

(and thanks for the transcoding observations.)

nyplayer

Thanks for the tool I will try it.

I just added a plink command to the batch job i use to move recordings to give all access prior to moving or using ccextractor too create srt files..

c:\embytools\plink.exe -l root -pw ********* MyCloudPR4100 chmod -R 777 /shares/Public/EMBY

c:\embytools\ ccextractorwin.exe "%~f1"  -o "%~d1%~p1%~n1.srt"

Edited by nyplayer

tafelpoowt

@@Luke, it's the mkapkg tool sometimes failing to produce a proper signature when packaging, or the upload_apkg tool fails to unpack properly, causing a signature failure.

Probably slightly related to the fact that it's a binary for 32 bit architectures..

I'll try make a python tool to replace it (when I'm in a good mood and with some spare time ;) ).

A wd binary package is usually a header of 200 bytes and a tarball.

The last bytes of the header contain the size and the checksum of the tarball.

See https://github.com/michaelroland/wdnas-firmware-modding/tree/master/tools

The failure is in the apkg.sign file, which created as follows

echo $APPNAME | openssl bf-cbc -out apkg.sign -k "Lidho.mdk3K3h"

During installation, the apkg.sign file often fails to decode to the configured APPNAME (emby-server).

Regarding the permission issues, I guess there might be an option to change the default permissions of recordings.

It's a general windows vs linux issue, so maybe it's already tackled in a different topic.

Hi, Luke, hi to everyone.
i'm trying to get the emby server up and running right now

I have a PR4100 WDBNFA0000NKB.

1. download the installer
2. app installation fails (like post #6)
3. ssh: /mnt/HD/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog no emby server included
4. install empty

Could someone tip me off how to get this server up and running.

Thank you

bkh

Françoise
Installing just the standard package on the PR2100 also reports:

Error
Failed to install app.

The solution suggested by nyplayer worked.

Installed the package from tafelpoowt followed by the standard package.

However using that approach the configuration wizard doesn't load correctly.
:8096/web/wizardstart.html
${WelcomeToProject} ${ButtonQuickStartGuide}

${ThisWizardWillGuideYou}

When I reinstall the package from tafelpoowt, the wizard is displayed correctly. 

It might be worth mentioning that I can't uninstall Emby server using the MyCloud interface.

Thanks -
Edited by quark

Installing just the standard package on the PR2100 also reports:

Error
Failed to install app.

The solution suggested by nyplayer worked.

Installed the package from tafelpoowt followed by the standard package.

However using that approach the configuration wizard doesn't load correctly.

:8096/web/wizardstart.html

${WelcomeToProject} ${ButtonQuickStartGuide}

${ThisWizardWillGuideYou}

When I reinstall the package from tafelpoowt, the wizard is displayed correctly. 

It might be worth mentioning that I can't uninstall Emby server using the MyCloud interface.

Thanks -

Change the url in your browser to just:

http://{address}:8096

We'll resolve that redirect for the next update. thanks.

As far as all of the install failures, we're still trying to figure out the cause of that. In the meantime if you read through the topic you'll see some have found a workaround. Thanks.

Thanks for your replies.

The package of tafelpoowt works, but i think it is not the newest beta.

i hope there is in the future a feature for automatic update like in W10 and Linux

Thx for your work

bkh

nyplayer

Thanks for your replies.

The package of tafelpoowt works, but i think it is not the newest beta.

i hope there is in the future a feature for automatic update like in W10 and Linux

Thx for your work

bkh

After you install that package you can download the update on the first page of this thread.

Hello nyplayer,

i did it so, i will try in the next days an update to the newest version.I hope it doesn't crash the system on the NAS.

THX

bkh