Emby Server for Western Digital NAS

Luke

nyplayer

I tried install both the dl2100 and pr4100 and both failed unable to install app. I used manuall install app on both my nases is there something special that needs to be done?

Edited by nyplayer

alucryd

What's your model? There's one package for each specific WD models, they won't install on other models.

nyplayer

5b1450546ec70_Capture.pngWhat's your model? There's one package for each specific WD models, they won't install on other models.

I have both dl2100 and pr4100 niether worked.

Edited by nyplayer

alucryd

Could you ssh into either of them and go to /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog ? Is there an emby-server folder? Or is it still inside the _install directory?

nyplayer

Could you ssh into either of them and go to /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog ? Is there an emby-server folder? Or is it still inside the _install directory?

it is in the _install directory

root@MyCloudPR4100 _install # ls

emby-server    module.tar.gz

root@MyCloudPR4100 _install #

Edited by nyplayer

tafelpoowt

Thanks for the package.

The scripts get these arguments:

install.sh /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/_install /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog    # temporary install dir to Nas_Prog (note it doesn't have emby-server in path)
init.sh /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/emby-server                           # initialize emby-server: add icon to webdir so it can be 'Enabled' nicely in the webUI
start.sh /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/emby-server                          # start the server - 'Enable' in the webUI
stop.sh /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/emby-server                           # stop the server - 'Disable' in the webUI
clean.sh                                                             # clean up symlinks and any other requisites of the package
remove.sh                                                            # remove any leftover pids etc, the emby-server directory gets removed anyway

All code looks good, but I believe the install.sh should copy (cp -r) the data instead of moving.

install.sh

UPLOAD_DIR=$1
NAS_PROG=$2

cp -rf $UPLOAD_DIR $NAS_PROG
Edited by tafelpoowt

alucryd

Thanks, I'll try that tonight. mv worked fine on my ex2 ultra though.

tafelpoowt

The configure button in the web UI doesn't work... so it doesn't redirect you to the application page, even when it's running though (http://ipaddress/emby-server works).

This is caused by the use of CenterType in apkg.rc.

And the use of AddonUsedPort: 8096 causes the "configure" button to redirect to http://ipaddress:8096/emby-server/index.html which causes

Unable to find the specified file.

So I suggest to leave CenterType and AddonUsedPort empty.

Edit: minor suggestion - plex saves the appdata in /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/plex_config and then symlinks that dir to /mnt/HD/HD_a2/plex_config ... not sure if that really makes sense, but whatever.

Edited by tafelpoowt

nyplayer

Great job works great using PR4100... transcoding working ... livetv working. Everything appears to be working … one thing I would like to do is change the ports to 8097 and 8921 but it appears I cannot to test outside access they revert back to defaults..... I want to temporarily keep EMBY running on my PC for now.

Edit

Ignore the part on the ports figured it out.

Remote transcoding working QuickSync hardware encoding working on PR4100.

Edited by nyplayer

nyplayer

New builds are up in the first post. Thanks everyone.

Just a minor thing since I changed the port to 8097 using "configure" in the NAS app it tries to use 8096. 

Edited by nyplayer

using config in the NAS app

What do you mean by this? You have to change it inside of Emby, in order for it to attempt to use a different port. In addition to that, it may require configuration on the NAS side to allow that port.

Ok I think I know what you mean. The configure button in WD opens the web app to the wrong port. I'm not really sure what we can do there since that action is hard-coded into the package itself.

In fact, the best thing I can think of would be to not allow you to configure the port in the first place.

tafelpoowt

If you want to change the port of a service on the WD OS3 platform, you have to edit the scripts in /shares/Volume_1/Nas_Prog/emby-server via SSH.

In this case, modify the redirect URL in /shares/Volume_1/Nas_Prog/emby-server/web/index.html

The same applies to any WD app.

Edited by tafelpoowt

nyplayer

What do you mean by this? You have to change it inside of Emby, in order for it to attempt to use a different port. In addition to that, it may require configuration on the NAS side to allow that port.

The configure is what you use to bring up the web page when logged into the NAS .... If I click on Configure it tries to open the dashboard using 8096 even though I changed it to 8097.

5b15b835c4e31_Capture.png

Ok right, the only way to handle this is with the manual process that @@tafelpoowt outlined above.

Based on this, it is my opinion that we should just hide the port configuration for WD and not let you change it in the first place. If you're willing to make the manual change above, then you can also manually edit the server's configuration file.