[BETA] Emby with Alexa (French)

Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@jean-gui

Ok I think I managed to fix the formatting. Can you go quickly over the strings you translated and just remove the / and put each entry on a new line? Thank you.

I've sent in a ticket to find out how to display the string key instead of some random # since the string key is hidden under the suggestion tab.

Edit: There's no way to replace the # with the string key. They said it's because the string key can sometime be really long.

Let me know if it's better now. :) After that, I'll build the Alexa model in French and you can test things out.

Edited by Angelblue05

jean-gui

@@Angelblue05 Done! Note that for 84a5274a045523df14f848cb20b5695d (the last translation) there are still some slashes. I left them in the translation as well as I wasn't sure whether this was intended or not.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Oh? I'll check. It should not have any slash anywhere. Thanks! :)

Edit: Ok, yes for the devices.txt leave it as is because they represent synonyms of the first word on the line. I have corrected it myself. The rest looks good.

I will get that put together and let you know when it's ready for testing.

Was it better this way? The way I set it up I mean, with the new lines?

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@jean-gui

I built the skill in French. Can you give it a test run. Also let me know how I should translate the invocation name: m. b. home

Something simple - similar.

Have I invited you to beta? If not, pm your amazon email so you can test the skill with your utterances/words :)

If you can't test this week, let me know. Thanks!

Edited by Angelblue05

jean-gui

That was easier with new lines instead of /, yes.

The invocation name is an interesting question. Perhaps something like "èmbi" would work, although I'm not sure how most French people pronounce Emby. I don't know if the word Emby would be problematic in French.

I'll PM you my amazon account, although I can't promise I'll have time to test it this week.

Angelblue05

Thanks to @@jean-gui Emby with Alexa is ready for beta testing in French. Send me your amazon alexa email and I'll add you to beta testing.

Angelblue05

@@jhoff80

Sorry to trouble you, would it be possible for you to test Alexa playback that would fail to play previously? I just want to see if my latest modification to player support helps any in your case. Thank you :)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Check out the advanced server settings. Maybe you can.

is https still a requirement to play music via Alexa?

Will it be the same in 3.6 release ?

Edited by chudak

• 7 months later...
Hello, it's been over a year that the subject has not updated. Is the Skill still planned for the French blind?

Thank you in advance for your answers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alexa has been available in France on Fire Stick 4K for a week. Would it be possible to deploy Skill Emby on Amazon Alexa France?

Hopefully we'll have something soon. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
studio-jurdan

mm i don't realy understant the topic "alexa FRENCH"  but it is in english and NOT on the French ALEXA skill

On 8/4/2020 at 3:53 AM, studio-jurdan said:

mm i don't realy understant the topic "alexa FRENCH"  but it is in english and NOT on the French ALEXA skill

Hi, yes we are still working on French support. Thanks for the feedback.

• 5 months later...
On 1/11/2021 at 3:40 PM, thymon said:

Need some help to translate ?

Hi, yes hopefully soon. Stay tuned.