#1 dimitrik OFFLINE  

dimitrik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Local time: 06:24 AM

Posted 02 June 2018 - 02:23 AM

Hi all,

I really like the new Emby theater desktop app (running it on Win 7), but I am having a problem with using MPC-HC as an external player.

I have MPC HC set up the way I like, with Remote Control mappings, MadVR upscaling, refresh rate switching etc, so I'd rather not change to the internal player just now.

I use the following parameters in external players:

{path}

/start

/fullscreen

/play

/close

When I try to play a video, ET minimizes, MPC-HC opens fullscreen but then nothing happens - no playback, nothing. It seems like MPC-HC starts but does not load the file.

MPC-HC works fine as an external player to the Emby-WMC app.

Can anyone please help? 

Edited by dimitrik, 02 June 2018 - 02:30 AM.

#2 daedalus OFFLINE  

daedalus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 892 posts
  • Local time: 08:24 AM

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:10 AM

first of all

/start 

is missing it's parameter

what you want is

/start
{ms}

cause {ms} is also a parameter and following ET confusing commandline implementation, it has to go into it's own line

or simply remove /start completely, it's basically useless cause the devs can't manage to implement this properly

Edited by daedalus, 02 June 2018 - 06:13 AM.

#3 dimitrik OFFLINE  

dimitrik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:54 AM

Thanks. I will try it although I'm fairly sure I’ve already tried it before.

By the way the same configuration works fine on my win10 desktop, so I’m not sure the {ms} parameter will make the difference.

Anyway, so this should be
/start
{100}

Is that right?

#4 daedalus OFFLINE  

daedalus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 892 posts
  • Local time: 08:24 AM

Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:43 AM

no you have to literally write {ms}, this value will be filled by ET if there is a resume point

#5 dimitrik OFFLINE  

dimitrik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 11:21 PM

Tried it but it didn't make a difference. MPC starts but does not load the file.

I made MPC display its play list and next to the file name, it says INVALID.

I am guessing it has to do with how ET passes the network path to MPC, rather than the parameters...

#6 Jdiesel ONLINE  

Jdiesel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2584 posts
  • Local time: 12:24 AM
  • LocationRegina, SK

Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:26 AM

I have used both http and SMB paths with MPC as an external player successfully. In fact I use both remote and network paths for different libraries at the same time.

I don't use any arguments in the ET external player config, just {path}

Everything is setup in MPC itself, start in fullscreen, exit when playback stops, etc. I've had not issues doing it this way.

Edited by Jdiesel, 03 June 2018 - 01:27 AM.

#7 dimitrik OFFLINE  

dimitrik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 02:51 AM

Yes same here.

As I said it works fine on my Win10 machine, but not on my win7 HTPC.  On this machine it works fine for Emby WMC.

#8 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124278 posts
  • Local time: 02:24 AM

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:19 PM

Maybe you can work with mpchc to try and get a helpful error message.

#9 dimitrik OFFLINE  

dimitrik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:56 PM

Ok, so the most bizarre thing happened.

Since I wasn't havig much luck with mpchc, i decided to try mpc-be, so i added it, configured it for all file types except 3D and effectively "disabled" mpc-hc by enabling the 3D filter.

MPC-BE worked fine but I decided to abandon it, as I don't know how to configure it as well as MPC-HC. So I reversed the setting: 3D "on" for BE, "off" for HC, everything else identical.

And then out of curiosity I tested MPC-HC again and it worked! I honestly have no idea how that could be possible! I cipy pasted the config parameters so everything was the same.

Maybe changing the settings forced them to be re-written to the registry or something similar? Anyway the good thing is that now it works.The bad thing is that I can't track down the cause of the problem to help anyone else that might one day have this problem...

Anyway, thanks to all of you for your advice!

Edited by dimitrik, 05 June 2018 - 01:58 PM.

#10 lightsout OFFLINE  

lightsout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Local time: 11:24 PM

Posted 19 March 2019 - 01:07 PM

Hi all,

I really like the new Emby theater desktop app (running it on Win 7), but I am having a problem with using MPC-HC as an external player.

I have MPC HC set up the way I like, with Remote Control mappings, MadVR upscaling, refresh rate switching etc, so I'd rather not change to the internal player just now.

I use the following parameters in external players:

{path}

/start

/fullscreen

/play

/close

When I try to play a video, ET minimizes, MPC-HC opens fullscreen but then nothing happens - no playback, nothing. It seems like MPC-HC starts but does not load the file.

MPC-HC works fine as an external player to the Emby-WMC app.

Can anyone please help? 

Care to share exactly what you put in the command line area? And in the path do you just have the path to the exe? Doesn't matter what parameters I enter I get the same error.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users