How to handle Trakt.tv

in10se

in10se

Hey guys,

how should I handle Trakt.TV the best way with Kodi and Emby.

I have 5 Users in my Emby and every user has a own trakt.tv account.

In Kodi I will do 5 users too, each can access the Emby server with its own user. User John in Emby = User John on Trakt.tv = User John in Kodi.

Shall I now install the trakt.tv addon on kodi too?

Advantage would be to enable rating of movies and series. But I am afraid it somehow blocks or causes problems with emby. On emby i put on every user the trakt user in the trakt.tv plugin.

Happy for your thoughts!

I don't know too much about the Kodi add-on but the advantage of the emby add-on is that it will work with all emby apps.

sualfred

You don't need the Kodi addon anymore. The server is reponsible to store and manage your library. The watched states are synchornised to Emby and the Trakt plugin of it does the rest.

Edited by sualfred

in10se

Thanks @@Luke you are a one man army here, no? :)

@@sualfred thanks for the info. And how is it with rating shows and movies? Trakt add on in kodi offers me that. How can I realize this with emby?

sualfred

You mean the personal rating of Kodi? 

I'm not quite sure if it's synchronized because I don't use this feature in Kodi and/or Emby.

@@Angelblue05 Can you answer this please?

in10se

Thanks anyway.

I mean the rating die Trakt. The add-on in kodi allows you to rate directly to Trakt. But in in plug in for emby I don't see an option like that...

Angelblue05

No there's no options in the Emby trakt plugin to do this. The Emby Trakt plugin is pretty basic, it'll sync your watched status and also scrobble but I'm not aware of more options. It is a community project, I'm sure Luke is looking for someone to take over the plugin.