Feature request TV series navigation

Ernst

Ernst

Hi, I would realy like to see a next button on the details page of TV episodes.

This buttoin is available in MBS webbrowser, but not in MBT.

When watching a TV series it would be nice when an episode has played to directly go to the next episode whithout having to go back to the seasons page.

To be honest II am surprised no one has asked for this yet (unless Imissed it of course).

Thanks in advance.

• Like 9

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
whitman27

+1  - Is there not a way to put a button inside the actual episode screen that is for Next Episode?

Would be so nice when you are doing some Binge Watching.

BATTLE DONKEY

+1 but in the mean time if u guys don't know, u can just press the play button from the episode list, it will play the highlighted episode and return to the episode list screen where u can easily press down and play again for the next episode

whitman27

+1 but in the mean time if u guys don't know, u can just press the play button from the episode list, it will play the highlighted episode and return to the episode list screen where u can easily press down and play again for the next episode

When using a keyboard I don't have the option of hitting a play button.

Unless I am missing something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BATTLE DONKEY

Ya, I guess my tip applies to remote control users, unless there is some key combination that simulates play button I.e. Ctrl + P or something, no idea if its at all possible with a keyboard n mouse

Both of the features mentioned here have been brought up quite a few times. I'm not sure why they haven't been implemented yet (although I think I remember reading that keyboard/triple-tap search was giving them a hard time), but I'm sure they will be when the new version of MBT is released

The Baron

I'll +1 this one also, if you you are navigating to an episode from the 'Latest Episodes' list then you cannot easily navigate to next episode.

+1 from me too on this. Another navigation aid would be to allow wrap around scrolling when reaching a far left or far right menu item (or up/down). Same with character entry on the search 'keyboard' - just let us wrap around instead of scrolling all the way back again.

• Like 1

i'm hoping this whole setup is being re-done.  let's face it, getting to anything in tv series is way more clicks than it needs to be.  enter series, push right, push down just to get to the seasons is ridiculous.  when i enter a series, i would prefer to be on the seasons screen with the first season highlighted.  if i want to see an overview or actors or such, i can always navigate up and over for that. 

• Like 1

WarrenH

i'm hoping this whole setup is being re-done.  let's face it, getting to anything in tv series is way more clicks than it needs to be.  enter series, push right, push down just to get to the seasons is ridiculous.  when i enter a series, i would prefer to be on the seasons screen with the first season highlighted.  if i want to see an overview or actors or such, i can always navigate up and over for that. 

lol

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/17787-win8-please-create-a-useable-app/

MBT is being completely redone. But in the mean time, have you tried setting MBT up to have television in the first section of the home screen, and used "Next Up" to select the next episode of each show you are watching? It's basically all I use. All you need to do is scroll to which episode you want, couldn't be simpler.

MBT is being completely redone. But in the mean time, have you tried setting MBT up to have television in the first section of the home screen, and used "Next Up" to select the next episode of each show you are watching? It's basically all I use. All you need to do is scroll to which episode you want, couldn't be simpler.

yes, i do have MBT set up that way, but honestly i haven't really tried to use it that way.  Thanks for the tip!  my comment wasn't meant to be a complaint about the product.  i realize what it takes to produce a great product and i am beyond happy and grateful for the work the MB team has done and the product they have put out.  i made the comment just to add to what the OP was saying. :) I know MBT is being re-done, I was just hoping they would also change how you navigate TV.