CoverArt not appearing on live tv shows/movies

matt_ttam123
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

matt_ttam123

Just wondering if this is normal or is this something not yet implemented where live tv auto grabs the fanart for things that are currently on?

See attached image

emby.png

Edited by matt_ttam123

The guide data needs to have the images, so if you're using XML and it doesn't have images then that would explain this.

matt_ttam123

The guide data needs to have the images, so if you're using XML and it doesn't have images then that would explain this.

Perfect this was the answer I was looking for, it might be time to invest in guide data that includes images then I think.

• 2 weeks later...
cyberbuzz23

Hi Luke, I'm using XMLTV with zap2xml WITH programs image   "  -I " option.  That put the image of aech programs web link in the XML file. The problem is emby don't seem to download them or have sort of a problem to grab them because when i select a program, it show a little broken link icon instead of the image itself. More strange, when i copy the url from the xml file and paste it on a browser... no problem to see it.

Also, what file(s) emby server need to incorporate these icons/pictures, only the .XML or it need cache or icons folder? By the way, the Channel logo doesn't work either, i had to put it manually with metadata manager

Thanks for helping me out.

Regards,

Edited by cyberbuzz23

cyberbuzz23

Please attach the information requested in how to report a problem:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

Hi Luke, I'm using XMLTV with zap2xml WITH programs image   "  -I " option.  That put the image of aech programs web link in the XML file. The problem is emby don't seem to download them or have sort of a problem to grab them because when i select a program, it show a little broken link icon instead of the image itself. More strange, when i copy the url from the xml file and paste it on a browser... no problem to see it.

You can see the error message it give when i right click on broken logo (see show.png) and click on open picture on another tab. (See error.png for error message)

As an Exemple:

Those two lines are in the XMLTV.XML file. Copying/pasting it on a web browser will work but Emby will not grab them.-First is for a Channel logo and second line is for an episode

Also, what file(s) emby server need to incorporate these icons/pictures, only the .XML or it need cache or icons folder? By the way, the Channel logo doesn't work either, i had to put it manually with metadata manager

I attached the log file, the XMLTV file and some screenshot

Hope you have enough information!!

Thanks for helping me out.

Regards,

Log.txt

xmltv.xml

post-14365-0-94265600-1528912874_thumb.png

post-14365-0-84450200-1528912881_thumb.png

post-14365-0-38775800-1528912887_thumb.png

post-14365-0-19055300-1528913401_thumb.png

• Solution

the server is trying to download the images but is unable to contact the domain:

2018-06-13 07:52:31.365 Error HttpClient: Error NameResolutionFailure getting response from https://zap2it.tmsimg.com/assets/p3101576_e_v5_ab.jpg

It sounds like there is either a problem with the network connection in your jail or something external is just blocking it altogether.

• Like 1

cyberbuzz23

Hi again, you were right, in my jail plugin in freenas i didn't put any default gateway... My bad. Now that this is resolve, I've another error instead.

Joining the log file but mostly the error is now about Securechannelfailure

2018-06-13 14:44:12.582 Error HttpClient: Error SecureChannelFailure getting response from https://zap2it.tmsimg.com/h3/NowShowing/72879/s16367_h3_aa.png

Thx

Log.txt

Hi again, you were right, in my jail plugin in freenas i didn't put any default gateway... My bad. Now that this is resolve, I've another error instead.

Joining the log file but mostly the error is now about Securechannelfailure

2018-06-13 14:44:12.582 Error HttpClient: Error SecureChannelFailure getting response from https://zap2it.tmsimg.com/h3/NowShowing/72879/s16367_h3_aa.png

Thx

@@cyberbuzz23, this is due to an issue on FreeBSD that we're currently stuck waiting on, unfortunately. We need the mono runtime in FreeBSD ports to get updated. You can follow this issue here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/56481-securechannelfailure-on-freenas/

Please see my most recent comment from yesterday.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
cyberbuzz23

Hi Luke,

I updated to the 11.2 freenas and installed "manually" the lastest version of Emby (great by the way)..

I still have some live tv guide issue.. it strange because i can see shows (pictures/names) on "programs" tabs. but nothing on guide tab...

Here is my log and xml file

Thx for your help again

Dan

xmltv.xml

embyserver.txt