Issues with Trailers - Emby Theater

naeyaert

naeyaert

Hello Emby

I had a similar issue a while back and I was told that my version of Emby Theater was not up to date as you turned off you auto update and I needed to manually download and reinstall.

I'm having issues playing Trailers again - it was working perfectly not long ago and if I use the WEB interface the trailers play perfectly.

It is only when I use Emby Theater that Trailers don;t work.  All I get is the revolving circle forever.

I am running Emby Server 3.4.1.0 and Emby Theater version 3.0.1

It's super frustrating that things work perfectly and then don't without any changes to my system

Can some please advise what I should do to get this stable?

Many thanks Rob  

naeyaert

Can we please look at an example? please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks.

OK I have attached the server log immediately after trying to play a trailer in the Theater App and getting the big red swirling circle forever.  

I played the same trailer a few moments earlier in the web interface and it worked perfectly.

This has happened several times in the past and you said last time that I was behind several versions as you had turned off your auto-update feature as there were problems etc.

All I really want is the Theater APP trailers working as normal please.

Thanks for your help 

Log.txt

davesurfer

So lately the movie trailers don't play anymore. The colored circle keeps rotating round and round. What can be done to fix this? Thanks!

davesurfer

Like when you go to any movie and select Trailer, usually it will stream a trailer of that movie and play it. It doesn't, just the circle spins around. It doesn't freeze or anything, then I can hit back and go somewhere else fine. But trailers don't download or play anymore.

The last one I tried was the trailer for "I Kill Giants"

@@davesurfer

Edited by Luke

ryzilla

Hi Guys

I am also having this same issue. Hitting Trailer under a movie via emby theatre will just sit there and hang, if i do it via the web it works, if i use the emy app on iphone via chomecast it works.

seems to be localised for me to just emby theatre install

I manage to fix the issue with a full uninstall (deleting C:\Users\root\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater) and reinstalling the trailers worked first time, so manybe a bung auto upgrade?

Edited by ryzilla

mentasm

I came across the same issue last night, none of the trailers I attempted to launch from the details pages of movies would run.  Al that would happen is the wait circle would come up and spin indefinitely

It should clear itself up in the next day or so. Please try restarting the app. Thanks.

naeyaert

It should clear itself up in the next day or so. Please try restarting the app. Thanks.

OK Emby, please forgive me for asking this as I really do respect your work and your product.

However, I would respectfully like to know how things like this keep occurring?  I stated in my first post that I have had this problem now three times (including this instance).  And although this issue is now fixed as you note "it should clear itself up in the next day or so", I am perplexed over how this keeps occurring?  As others in the post have noted, this seems to only occur with the EMBY Theater App so what is it that keeps breaking these types of features?

It is super frustrating when these issues occur for no apparent reason out of the blue.

Any ideas please?

AGAIN,  I'm not trying to be critical, just confused over the stability etc.

Many thanks

Edited by naeyaert

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize for the issue that you experienced. The trailers should be working normally at this point. Thanks.

naeyaert

I apologize for the issue that you experienced. The trailers should be working normally at this point. Thanks.

Hi Luke, you may have misunderstood...there is no need for an apology and I'm not being critical.  I am simply trying to understand how things like this seem to break every now and then?  I'd be keen to know.

Thanks Rob

Edited by naeyaert

The app updates some of it's internal components over the web and in this case an issue may have slipped through briefly until it was discovered. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
jimmyboy

Just switched to Emby from Plex a month ago. Good migration, with one exception. For all it's faults, Plex's trailers  were always crystal clear, not pixelated and a pleasure to watch. Embys trailers however, be it Netflix, BluRay or New Upcoming are all horribly pixelated, blurry and unwatchable!  Is there a fix or setting I can try to resolve this? If not are you working a fix on your end for this?

Thanks

Edited by jimmyboy

We'll have to look for better sources of trailers. Thanks for reporting.

I apologize if you were expecting a better answer but this is most likely just related to the quality of the source trailers. So that's all I meant by that