No Rotten Tomatoes Rating / Reverse Proxy for SSL / Roku IPTV Streaming

SynoUser

SynoUser

Hi!  I'm new to Emby and just had some general questions/issues I would like to ask.

Question 1

I see a lot of screenshots with Rotten Tomatoes rating information when browsing Emby libraries (Movies & TV Shows).  I cannot see this data when browsing my libraries, or find where to enable it. 

It seems there was once a separate add-on that handled the Rotten Tomatoes data, but then it was removed and just included in Emby by default or something?  Anyways, the only rating I see when browsing my libraries is the rating next to the star.  If I'm able to get data from Rotten Tomatoes about my various movies/shows, I would like to know how.

Question 2

I was following the information at the end of this post about creating a reverse proxy to handle the cert for remote access:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/33157-ssl-certificate/page-2

The issue I'm having is I can't enable remote access while having the Custom SSL cert path blank.  It won't let me save the settings.  If any of you are using this method, how are you getting around that?  Was a new check added where you can't enable remote access without having a cert selected?  I currently have another method of handling remote access, but I would like to just use the reverse proxy option if I could. 

Question 3

I downloaded the IPTV add-on and added a link to a video hosted on a various website.  When attempting to stream that video, it fails to work on my Roku device.  It just shows the loading circle forever and doesn't do anything.  The link works fine on a browser or on my Android device.  I did some googling, and I remember reading a post about not being able to trust links on a Roku because it may violate some terms or something.  Is this still the case?  I'm just curious if that's probably the reason why, or if there is an actual issue.

Thanks!

Edited by SynoUser

majorsl

1) I recall somewhere that they are coming from the Open Movie Database.  Make sure that is selected for your libraries under Movie metadata downloaders.  I have them and don't recall setting a preference.  I could be wrong.

2) In Advanced, Hosting tab, is Secure connection mode set to disabled?  You don't need it.  Your Synology is doing all the work for the https reverse proxy, you can leave the default settings for Emby as is.

Can't offer a suggestion with your 3rd one, sorry.

Yes make sure the open movie database metadata provider is enabled for your movie libraries.