Photo

Beta .314 Actor, Director indexing broken?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 580guy OFFLINE  

580guy

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Local time: 10:37 PM

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:45 PM

Have been running the latest beta .314 for WMC (with server 3.41) to fix some of my previous indexing problems (genre).  But now I notice that 2 indexes, Actor and Director do not work correctly.

Entering a movie library, selecting config menu (gear icon)/index  then either actor or director. 

Results are the same with the same name listing appearing when any letter of the alphabet is selected.  Clicking on the selected letter results in a listing at the first entry, not the letter clicked.  Also, previously you could type a letter while in this list, and it would move you to a new position to the letter typed.  Now the only way is to page endlessly to your actor or director selection (takes awhile with 5000 movies on the server). Not working at all for either actor or director. 

However the actor and director index is working, from within a movie title screen, and selecting either from there will result in a list of titles with the selected actor or director.

Genre, Year and Studio work do work correctly from config menu/index.

Will this be fixed in later releases? Please?  Anything on my end to fix it?  Delete and rebuild databases?   They were created many Emby versions ago.  Would this help? Or wait for next release?

Thanks,

#2 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 40411 posts
  • Local time: 09:37 PM

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:21 PM

We will look when we get a chance but that entire method of "indexing" a folder has never truly been supported by the server as it uses views instead.  We have been shoehorning these types of features into EMC as best we can but, as the server moves forward, it may get harder and harder to continue to support them.

Thanks.

Always a good time to take a look at Emby Theater... :).

#3 580guy OFFLINE  

580guy

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Local time: 10:37 PM

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:53 PM

We will look when we get a chance but that entire method of "indexing" a folder has never truly been supported by the server as it uses views instead.  We have been shoehorning these types of features into EMC as best we can but, as the server moves forward, it may get harder and harder to continue to support them.

Thanks.

Always a good time to take a look at Emby Theater... :).

I am trying to understand why you are implying that views replace indexing.  When the wife asks " Can we watch  a comedy with Irene Dunne?", what "view" do I use to find that?

#4 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 40411 posts
  • Local time: 09:37 PM

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:02 PM

I am trying to understand why you are implying that views replace indexing.  When the wife asks " Can we watch  a comedy with Irene Dunne?", what "view" do I use to find that?

While you can't get exactly that, you could get all movies (and TV shows) Irene is in and pick from there...

I understand that it isn't exactly the same but something like what you suggest above is not something most people do a lot so it just isn't designed, built and tested as much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users