Recognize & Import SiliconDust DVR items

bry

I'm sure like many of the users here I like to tinker, I have a wide range of both software and hardware that I use to interface with my emby. 

I primarily use Kodi when in-house with the emby for kodi add-on, since I use kodi primarily I use the silicondust PVR system. When I am remote at work, on mobile, my projector, vacation etc. I use emby. Since I am mobile 14+ hours of the day I configure the DVR on emby when out and via the silicondust DVR add-on within kodi when home. 

With that being said is it possible for emby to read the silicondust dvr files metadata and use that within the [Recordings] of emby?

I have attached a sample of how emby reads the dvr files from my hdhomerun as an example. for some reason all recordings are being recognized as season of the witch. 

please let me know if there are any questions, files, etc that I can provide to assist with this if you feel it is something that can be added I am happy to provide.

thank you,

bry

luke, the problem is a recording is upwards of a gig. I can pm you a file if you like. let me just schedule a short recording now.

Did you forget to attach the sample?

nyplayer

MceBuddy does extract the data ....

2018-05-25T18:08:32 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Extracting metadata from file -> \\MYCLOUDPR4100\Public\HDHomeRun\The X-Files\The X-Files S06E20 19990502 [20180526-0000].mpg
--> Checking for SiliconDust meta tags
--> Starting to extract payload from TS file, upto 64 TS packets will be processed
--> Extracted 64 of 64 TS packet(s)
--> Parsing SiliconDust metadata
--> {"Category":"series",
"ChannelImageURL":"http://img.hdhomerun.com/channels/US76739.png",
"ChannelName":"BBCAPH",
"ChannelNumber":"793",
"EndTime":1527296400,
"EpisodeNumber":"S06E20",
"EpisodeTitle":"Three of a Kind",
"ImageURL":"http://img.hdhomerun.com/titles/C183870EN3673.jpg",
"OriginalAirdate":925603200,
"ProgramID":"EP000809550143",
"RecordEndTime":1527296430,
"RecordStartTime":1527292770,
"RecordSuccess":1,
"SeriesID":"C183870EN3673",
"StartTime":1527292800,
"Synopsis":"After spotting the enigmatic Susanne Modeski at a Las Vegas convention,
 the Lone Gunmen trick Scully into coming to their assistance.",
"Title":"The X-Files"}
2018-05-25T18:08:40 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Looking for Season/Episode information in text
2018-05-25T18:08:40 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Pattern 1, Found Season/Episode information in text, Season:6, Episode:20
--> Extracted SiliconDust tags:
Title: The X-Files
SubTitle: Three of a Kind
Description: After spotting the enigmatic Susanne Modeski at a Las Vegas convention, the Lone Gunmen trick Scully into coming to their assistance.
Network: BBCAPH
Network Affiliate:
Parental Rating:
Media Credits:
Genres:
Season: 6
Episode: 20
Banner:
Banner URL:
IMDB Id:
MovieDB Id:
TVDB Id:
Is Show Movie: False
Is Show Sports: False
OriginalBroadcastDateTime: 1999-05-02T00:00:00
RecordedDateTime: 2018-05-25T23:59:30
SeriesPremiereDate: 1899-12-31T16:00:00
CopyProtected: False
SageTV FileID:
SageTV MediaFileID:

Edited by nyplayer
  • Like 1

A sample video would still be great because I need to see how ffprobe reads it. Thanks.

recording an episode now - will send you a link once complete.

A sample video would still be great because I need to see how ffprobe reads it. Thanks.

silicondust categorizes their recordings 3 ways. FYI

--> {"Category":"series",

--> {"Category":"sport",

--> {"Category":"movie",

• 2 weeks later...

I tested this file, but ffprobe did not pick up on any of these attributes.

• 3 weeks later...

I tested this file, but ffprobe did not pick up on any of these attributes.

hi @@Luke - sorry I did not get a notification of your response.Is there anything else that you would like that I can possibly provide? 

check the first 12032 bytes of the file as that is where SiliconDust stores their info.

Happy to provide more sample recordings if necessary. 

• 4 weeks later...

@@Luke - hope all is well. How are the sample files that I provided you working out? do you need anything else? Any thing that we can test to help this move forward? 

I examined the jeapordy episode but ffprobe still doesn't capture the info like it does other embedded information.

That doesn't mean we can't get to it, it just means we're going to have to write our own code to examine the file and pull the data out. It's something we can look at in the future. But given that this one has season and episode numbers, i would think we'd able to match it to tvdb data.